HVAC Controls Systems Installation and Service Engineer Apprentice
WHO WE ARE:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and a mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Program for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us.
The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a level 3 Diploma. You will learn to:
- Maintain and oversee the installation, assembly, fitting, testing and commissioning of complete building services engineering systems
- As a HVAC or BMS Controls Engineer you could find yourself working in many different places such as Sports Stadiums, Data centres, Office buildings and many more!
- You may be responsible for the energy efficiency of the building you work in and be expected to make recommendations to the building owner about how to improve this
How you will do it
This apprenticeship will provide a foundation from which to progress on several career paths within the Company as a HVAC or BMS Controls apprentice specializing in Installations, projects or Service Engineer. During this apprenticeship you will learn about maintaining and repairing complete engineering systems. This is a very exciting, challenging and rewarding role that will provide a start point for a lifelong career within a highly innovative and technical business environment.
What we look for
- BTEC in Engineering/ IT Level 2 or 4, Leaving Certificate at Grade C minimum - in Math, English, Science and IT/CDT or equivalent
- Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in problem solving
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering
- Candidate updates CV and applies directly here
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete a virtual assessment to listen and learn about Johnson Controls and the apprenticeship program, before sharing more details of themselves.
- Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a conversational interview.
- Full details for each stage will be shared in advance to allow for preparation.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.