Apprentice Design and Draughts-person Engineer
4 days left
WHO WE ARE:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and an assigned mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. You will:
- Learn the design and engineering drawing concepts in 2D and 3DAutoCad and Inventor
- Learn the common construction, engineering and manufacturing methods and principles
- Provide assistance with HVAC design concepts and calculations
- Provide assistance with HVAC components selection
How you will do it
The 4 year apprenticeship would offer the opportunity to join the Global Navy Department working alongside engineers who are leaders in their field expertise. You will
- Able to undergo multiyear apprentice training course(s) in mechanical engineering disciplines
- Complete both college – classroom based and “on site” training module assignments.
- Gain competence AutoCad and Inventor drawings
- Gain competence and understanding of the HVAC design
- Gain knowledge of how to make HVAC calculations and selections of systems components
- Gain knowledge and understanding of other department’s functions
- Support all on-going continuous improvement programs
What we look for
- Grade A* - C results in 5GCSE in Maths, English, Science or technical subjects
- Be able to pass Baseline security clearances
- Demonstrate a desire to want to learn mechanical engineering skills in Air Conditioning and Ventilation systems
- Have some proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite Applications would be desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to follow instructions
- Willing to work independently following training, although support will always be offered
- Candidate updates CV and applies directly here
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete a virtual assessment to listen and learn about Johnson Controls and the apprenticeship program, before sharing more details of themselves.
- Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a conversational interview.
- Full details for each stage will be shared in advance to allow for preparation.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.