Apprentice Fire & Security Design Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and a mentor. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Program for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for becoming a designer in the Fire & Security Industry and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a BTEC Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
How you will do it
You will learn how to design and quote Fire & Security installations as part of the UK&I Design Centre of excellence.
What we look for
- 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C minimum - in Math, English, Science and IT/CDT or equivalent
- Self-starter attitude with an interest in problem solving
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to continually learn, be curious and ask questions
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Although no experience is required, candidates must show an interest in design and working in the Fire and Security industry
- Candidate updates CV and applies directly here
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete a virtual assessment to listen and learn about Johnson Controls and the apprenticeship program, before sharing more details of themselves.
- Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a conversational interview.
- Full details for each stage will be shared in advance to allow for preparation.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.