Apprentice Fire Suppression Engineer – Mechanical
WHO WE ARE:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and a mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Program for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a level 3 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
How you will do it
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn from experienced Mechanical Fire Suppression engineers throughout your three year apprenticeship and beyond. During this time you will learn how to
- Install, service, test and commission Automatic Sprinkler systems to the relevant standards
- Provide the highest level of customer service through the maximization of resources and sensitivity to costs and budgets
- Fabricate, install and carry out repairs to Automatic Sprinkler system pipework and components
- Attend callouts as and when required in order to meet customer demands and internal processes / rota’s
- Identify problem areas when servicing, testing or installing systems
- Ensure that the service, test or installation / modification meets customer, health & safety and statutory requirements
- Attend emergency callouts effectively in order to maintain safety and deliver customer needs
- Constantly make correct ethical choices and meeting TFIS Values
- Provide excellent Customer Service to meet the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers
- To service, test and install the appropriate pipework / systems; dismantle and reconstruct equipment as required by the customer or TFIS. Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation / service debris and waste correctly
- Follow and service / test and repair in accordance with relevant service standards
- Follow and install in accordance with relevant fabrication drawings / instructions
- Report and document fully any changes, deficiencies or deviations in systems
- Correctly complete Engineer work reports, handover certificates / pressure test certificates or checklist as appropriate
- Ability to adapt to various working environments, demonstrate ability to minimize risk and maintain a clean Health and Safety record
What we look for
- 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C minimum - in Math, English, Science & IT/CDT or equivalent
- Full driving license
- Ability to lift, carry and climb ladders and work at height
- Ability to carry equipment, i.e.; pipework etc. up and down ladders ensuring conformance to health and safety requirements
- Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering and working in the Fire Protection industry
- Willingness for occasional travel
- Candidate updates CV and applies directly here
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete a virtual assessment to listen and learn about Johnson Controls and the apprenticeship program, before sharing more details of themselves.
- Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a conversational interview.
- Full details for each stage will be shared in advance to allow for preparation.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.