Apprentice Integrated Systems Presales Design
WHO WE ARE:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and a mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a level 3 Diploma.
How you will do it
The 4 year apprenticeship would offer the opportunity to join the Integrated Systems team where you will:
- Design security systems (access control and CCTV) and system upgrades to meet customer requirements within technical, legal, cost, quality and timescale constraints
- Produce technical customer proposals
- Produce formally documented cost estimates
- Provide site survey support during the sales process
- Support sellers with technical aspects in meetings and presentations
- Develop commercial awareness and understand how this influences the sales strategy
- Assist other designers with large scale projects
- Keep up-to-date with new products, techniques and technologies that has application to our business
- Prepare client demonstrations
- Assess the security risk factors influencing the design
- Ensure that the content of all design specifications are compliant
- Ensure adherence to all Company policies, including health and safety and legislative requirements
What we look for
- BTEC in Engineering/ IT Level 2 or 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Level 5 minimum in English and Level 6 minimum Math/ Science and IT/CDT
- Good IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated individual
- Good attention to detail
- Organised with good ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Enthusiastic, with a core interest in engineering and problem solving
- Eager to learn and develop
- Candidate updates CV and applies directly here
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete a virtual assessment to listen and learn about Johnson Controls and the apprenticeship program, before sharing more details of themselves.
- Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a conversational interview.
- Full details for each stage will be shared in advance to allow for preparation.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.