Apprentice Marine Engineer – Electrical
WHO WE ARE:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and an assigned mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a level 3 Diploma.
How you will do it
The 4 year apprenticeship would offer the opportunity to join the Marine Department working alongside engineers who are leaders in their field. You will learn about fixed firefighting systems, water, foam and gaseous on both commercial and military ships. You will gain knowledge in Naval rules and regulations to provide guidance in designing systems. You will develop hands on basic electrical training ‘on the tools’ at a local college.
You will have the opportunity to gain higher education qualifications in Engineering Studies, ONC and with possible options to HNC and HND after completion of the apprenticeship. You will develop computer aided design skills to produce electrical drawings. There will be opportunities to attend site facilities in the UK to see first-hand how the systems are installed, tested and commissioned. You will also see first-hand how electrical panels are manufactured and tested in our on-site electrical workshop.
What we look for
- BTEC in Engineering/ IT Level 2 or 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C minimum - in Math, English, Science and IT/CDT or equivalent
- Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in problem solving with excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with good IT skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering
- Candidate updates CV and applies directly here
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete a virtual assessment to listen and learn about Johnson Controls and the apprenticeship program, before sharing more details of themselves.
- Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a conversational interview.
- Full details for each stage will be shared in advance to allow for preparation.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.