Apprentice Project Manager
4 days left
WHO WE ARE:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and an assigned mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us.
The Apprentice Project Manager will be working as part of the Swansea team on commercial aspects of projects.
As an Apprentice Project Manager you will be working with existing project managers and the Operations Manager. The role includes the specific focus on change management and business development to optimise profit margins. The role will include responsibility for driving productivity and meeting contractual program dates.
How you will do it
As an Apprentice Project Manager you will be liaising with multiple departments from client job specifications to meet project deadlines and costs. Each project will have its own challenges for you to navigate through and you will need to utilize your technical expertise and networking skills to gather and use data.
- Management of internal and external teams
- Manage EHS standards
- Project cost management
- Planning, programming, critical path management
- Resource management
- Co-ordinate work packages
- Change order management
- Drive positivity & productivity
What we look for
- 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C minimum - in Mathematics, English, Science and IT/CDT or equivalent
- Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in problem solving
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- To live within commuting distance of the Swansea office
- Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering
- Candidate updates CV and applies directly here
- Successful candidates will be invited to complete a virtual assessment to listen and learn about Johnson Controls and the apprenticeship program, before sharing more details of themselves.
- Successful candidates will be invited to participate in a conversational interview.
- Full details for each stage will be shared in advance to allow for preparation.
At Johnson Controls, we believe in our apprenticeship program. We believe in developing and investing in our future. We believe in hard work, integrity and are focused on delivering high quality products and services to our customer base. If you are someone who likes to learn from experiences and the team around you, then an apprenticeship at Johnson Controls could be right for you.