Assistant Quantity Surveyor
JOB TITLE: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
SALARY & BENEFITS:
WORKING HOURS: Full Time 40 hours a week
THE COMPANY: We are pleased to be working with one of the UK's leading major utility infrastructure construction companies. As part of the Energy Assets Group the company now employs over 100 staff to design and construct gas and electricity networks. With an enviable list of established blue chip clients Dragon needs dynamic and enthusiastic new team members to help continue this exciting journey. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join them.
THE ROLE: The Quantity Surveyor will be based in Northampton and will work within a small commercial team overseeing the financial control of over 150 projects at any given time. You will be responsible for controlling various commercial aspects of the contract in order to maximise profit and control costs. Experience of working on construction contracts is key to the role. This is a unique role that could offer an experienced Quantity Surveyor a challenge and variety working for a UK leading Major Utility infrastructure construction company.
To manage all costs relating to multi-utility projects from initial calculations to the final project costs. To maximise the profitability and cash flows of each project while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Support Project Managers to ensure there is effective financial management of multiple projects through regular and accurate forecasting and CVR reporting
- Support the Project Managers by providing commercial support to ensure accurate billing, cash flow and project profitability
- Assist Project Managers in managing contract claims and financial risks; managing customer disputes (financial and commercial aspects)
- Monitor and report on the productivity of constructions works
- Transfer of tendering documentation and original scope of works into a budget document, including bills of quantities
- Agree applications and final accounts
- Cost management and control
- Cost and value reconciliation
- Track cost and value to ensure profitability of projects, investigating and reporting any down turn in profits
- Take responsibility for monthly valuation of works completed in period
- Validate construction variations and manage these at the customer and contractor interface
- Provide regular and timely feedback to support the Tendering Department in the preparation of tender and contract documentation
- Pension scheme
- Health Care Plan
- Bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Paid professional subscriptions relevant to the role
- Perkbox benefits
- Excellent opportunities to develop a career within a growing company
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the role of Quantity Surveyor will have a minimum of five years' previous relevant industry experience, in either a Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor role. Any qualifications would be advantageous. You will also have strong commercial and contract awareness.
Key essential criteria for the Quantity Surveyor role:
- Live within a commutable distance of Northampton
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience, in either a Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor role
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.