Junior Software Developer Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship-Job Number: 205920
Junior Developer Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship (Sept 2021)
Coding is all about collaboration and coming together to contribute and create something incredible!
If you’re inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and can work well in a team, this is a career path you don’t want to miss out on.
The industry demand and skills gap for Developers is increasing daily. If you’re wanting to launch your career in one of the fasting growing areas, there really is no better time to step into Coding.
At Experian, we’ll help you develop your programming abilities and gain expertise in various aspects of software engineering/development.
As a Junior Developer you will learn how to design, code, modify and test more complex programs. You’ll also enhance your soft skills learning how to provide basic technical support to users and customers with assistance from senior staff.
Working with development tools such as CICS and COBOL and programming languages such as SQL, Java and .NET you’ll become experienced with the full development lifecycle.
What we’re looking for
To enroll on this Degree level Apprenticeship, you will need to hold 120 UCAS Points. The equivalent of x3 A-levels at Grade B or above.
It’s important you can work in a team but also contribute independently.
We’re looking for someone who’s not afraid to ask for help when they need it and is willing to learn new things.
If you have any experience (no matter how small) in SQL, Java or .NET be sure to let us know on your application.
We look for students who are:
- Intellectually Curious: You will love to learn. To discover how things “tick”. You will ask questions and not be afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Driven to deliver: To excel and take pride in your work. To meet deadlines.
- Willing to contribute: You will get stuck in and contribute ideas. We know you’ll make mistakes (everyone does!) but you will continually evolve.
- Proud to collaborate and be yourself: You won’t be afraid to help others. We want to see the authentic you, and to support you in delivering with integrity.
- Accountable: To safeguard our future. To represent our brand. To do yourself and Experian proud.
If successful you will undertake your Level 6 BSc in Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship through block release.
We’ll support you the entire way, pay for your qualification and provide an extensive induction programme to help you adjust to the work/study balance. You’ll also become part of our Early Careers Network and connect with hundreds of other individuals across Experian.
What you’ll receive
On top of gaining your Degree – we will introduce you to a buddy, line manager and mentor to coach and guide you through your development journey.
You can also take advantage of our full range of benefits.
- 25 Days Holiday (+ buy/sell 8 additional days)
- Discounted gym membership
- Online discounts portal
- Flexible and agile working
- Annual bonus scheme or commission (depending on role)
- Sharesave plan enabling you to purchase Experian shares at a 20% discount with no financial risk involved
Click on our Interactive Early Careers Candidate guide to find out more information: https://view.pagetiger.com/experianguideforcandidates/early-careers
Experian does not discriminate. We’re interested in your skills, talent, potential and nothing else.