Cyber Security IT Apprentice - 15217
You will ideally have:
- Advanced IT skills
- Understanding Windows and Linux operating systems
- A proven attention to detail, ability to organise and prioritise
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
Able to work well in a team as well as on their own when the need arises.
As a minimum, interested candidates should have either:
- An A level in Software/ Computing OR
- Completed an apprenticeship at Level 3 in a similar subject OR
- An International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT OR
- A BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits) in ICT
- Have achieved a Grade C in Maths and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
- Opportunity to progress on to do a Degree programme
- Opportunity to become a permanent employee at the end of the apprenticeship
You'll be starting on a 21 month Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship (level 4).
Your main aim will be to protect the hospital's systems and information, handling sensitive data belonging to employees and patients. You'll use your organisational and time management skills by managing your own workload to provide a range of operational security services, from arranging system access, managing security incidents, through to monitoring systems and delivering a range of protective controls.
As part of your role, you'll be involved in a variety of tasks, such as using your excellent attention to detail to deal with the identification and management of threats & vulnerabilities. You'll have a unique opportunity to engage in pen-testing and malware analysis as well as various other tasks and projects relating to mitigating the threat of cyber-crime.
“QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”