Apprentice Structural/Civil Engineer
Apprentice Civil/Structural Engineer – degree apprenticeship, North Bristol
- Salary: £270 per 30 hour week
- Starts: September 2018 (or earlier by agreement)
- Runs for: length of degree course, or up to 5 years; long term position possible
- Ref: APP_2018
If you are looking to enter the field of structural or civil engineering and/or the built environment and are keen to learn, have a can-do attitude and want to be part of a highly professional, fast-growing and committed team with a great reputation, then we would love to hear from you!
Working initially as an apprentice engineering technician in North Bristol supporting our team of structural and civil engineers, you will be exposed to various aspects of civil and structural engineering design. You will develop your structural design and drawing production skills in AutoCAD and other engineering design software, while learning about structural principles, materials and methods. You will also be benefiting from the opportunity to undertake day-release education to gain an honours degree and a professional engineering qualification. PRO Structures will pay your tuition fees, provide a mentor and give you time off to study.
Key responsibilities/duties will include:
- Use of CAD to produce civil and structural drawings
- Use of other design programs
- Structural design support
- Drainage design support
- Assistance with technical approval submissions
- Assisting on site visits and inspections
- Internal QA requirements
We are looking for students who are hoping to embark on, or have already started, a degree in a Civil and Structural Engineering/Built Environment area of study. To do so, they should already have/be taking either A’Levels or an HNC – see full criteria here. We would ask the right candidate to be based in our Westbury on Trym office four days a week while studying on day release one day a week.
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be a positive, enthusiastic and proactive team player. In addition, the candidate must be able to:
- Provide evidence of GSCE (or equivalent) in Maths and English and meet the academic criteria to study for a BEng (Hons) Civil & Environmental Engineering Degree or similar.
- Be computer literate in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Have the ability to work well in a team and to work on their own initiative
- Have a keen interest in Engineering and the Built Environment.
- A driving licence would be an advantage but not essential.
In addition, to qualify for the Apprenticeship there are specific funding requirements which must be fulfilled:
- Be a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) for at least the previous three years on the first day of the apprenticeship
- Be a non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK (not for educational purposes), and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of the apprenticeship
About PRO Structures
PRO Structures Ltd offers civil and structural engineering for residential, office, public sector and commercial buildings. Working in partnership with our clients, our aim is always to offer the highest professional standards combined with excellent value and a no-nonsense approach.
Our capabilities include designing to the latest codes and regulations in concrete, masonry, timber and steel, as well as offering substructure and geotechnical assistance, with a commitment to being as environmentally friendly as possible. We work mainly with housing developers, architects and specialists (such as structural glazing and steelwork fabricators), providing structural and civil design.
To find out more about us and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit www.prostructures.co.uk.
PRO Structures Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.
Please send your CV, with a covering letter, explaining why you think you would be suited for this position, to Jenni O’Connor on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisement placement date: 22/05/18
Applications to be received by: 29/06/18
Anticipated start date: 17/09/18