Professional Accountancy Apprenticeship - Pfizer
This is a financial role with the responsibility for creating and verifying financial information to support decision making within a pharmaceutical organisation. Working as part of a team and providing a quality service to internal customers. It is a data rich environment with a reliance on IT systems and MS Office especially Excel.
- Salary £15,285 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement 25.5 days plus bank holidays
- Qualifications Required 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English
- Location Walton Oaks, Surrey
- Working Hours Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm
- Duration 24 months
- Start Date 30th August 2021
- Interview Date TBC – March/April
- Closing Date for applications 10th March 2021
This apprenticeship is a financial role working towards the responsibility for creating and verifying financial information to support decision making across commercial operations within a pharmaceutical organisation. Working with members of financial departments across Pfizer’s various businesses and operations for internal reporting purposes. Potential to work towards Accountancy qualifications provided by the relevant Professional Bodies.
This apprenticeship will support your training to become a professional within a financial environment where you will be required to have knowledge and understanding of the core elements of business accounting principles. Throughout this apprenticeship you will develop Business Awareness and demonstrate your understanding of the science industry and environment in which a commercial pharmaceutical company operates, including customer and supplier needs in order to create, validate and / or report financial information. Ethics and integrity are fundamental to the role therefore, you will understand and apply the relevant Ethical Standards to your own behaviour and appropriately challenge the actions of others where they do not meet these standards. You will also learn to understand and apply professional standards and legal regulations to Pfizer’s financial information and to comply with the fundamental principles of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care and confidentiality.
What is required?
- Analysis; Create and interpret information, and show how that information can be used most effectively to add value
- Communication; Effectively communicate relevant information across the organisation and to appropriate stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- Leadership; Proactively manage your own development and be committed to the job and your profession.
- Planning and Prioritisation; Work to tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities. Effectively plan and prioritise your time and coordinate the input of others in order to meet both deadlines and changing priorities.
- Produces Quality and Accurate Information; Apply accounting/tax knowledge to consistently deliver high quality, accurate data and information in a timely fashion.
- Team Working and Collaboration; Work effectively in a team and with others, maintaining effective, professional working relationships both internally and externally across organisations.
- Uses Systems and Processes; Understand the systems and processes of the organisation sufficiently, as applicable to the role. Proficient in the IT systems applicable to the role.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Love science? Join us in our drug development labs, or engineering teams. Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an Apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from digital marketing to paralegal services.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Analytical skills
- Computer literate
- Ethics and Integrity
- Professional scepticism
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Standard.
You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve.
You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week.
Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Professional Accounting/ Tax Technician Apprenticeship Standard guidelines. This will include:
- Functional Skills in Maths & English
- CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
25.5 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays) Opt in pension scheme Student discount card (NUS) Employee assistance programme Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship