Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship
Do you want to be a food-hero? Are you finishing your studies and considering your next move? Maybe you’re already working, but a fast-track leadership programme appeals to you? Whatever your circumstances, look no further, we can offer you the opportunity to grow your career with Greencore through our Degree Apprenticeship Programme, and we will support you to develop into a leader of the future.
We’re a vibrant, fast-paced, leading food manufacturer, employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK.
We supply all the UK’s food retailers, with everything from sandwiches, salads, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles, quiche, Yorkshire Puddings and ready meals. With an annual turnover of more than £1.2bn, we manufacture around 619 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 116 million chilled prepared meals and 264 million bottles of cooking sauces & pickles every year. We also complete more than 10,000 deliveries to stores each day to help keep the nation fed.
Join us and be part of our great team, committed to making every day taste better.
What you'll be doing
The Greencore Degree Apprenticeship Programme is designed to help you reach your potential and build a rewarding career in food.
In partnership with Nottingham Trent University, this 4-year degree programme will align your studies to real work, allowing you to earn a great salary and become an integral part of our management team (subject to development and performance).
We are currently recruiting across the following programmes:
- Operations: Develop your leadership skills in our factories
- Technical: Become a future leader in our food technology, quality assurance and hygiene team
- Commercial: Be our next Account Manager responsible for major customer accounts
- HR: Advance your career in Human Resources to ensure the smooth operation of our business
- Logistics: Be a leader in our teams that distributes our product to the nation
The programme starts in September, and assessment centres will be held in early 2021.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for you to have a passion for food, innovation and people. You will also be:
- Highly motivated to grow your career, studying for a degree alongside doing a demanding day job
- Resilient and equipped to take change in your stride
- Curious, organised and able to use your excellent communication skills to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
We are looking for a minimum of 120 UCAS points (equivalent to 3 A Levels BBB or a BTEC extended Diploma DDM) or demonstrable previous relevant work experience. To participate in the programme, it is also desirable for you to have 5 GCSE's including English language and maths at grade C / 4 or above.
If this sounds like you, join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
Not only will you gain experience across our business whilst completing a fully funded BA (Hons) degree in Management and Leadership or BSc (Hons) degree in Food Science and Technology you will also have access to our Greencore colleague benefits including:
- The equivalent of a day a week to focus on your University work and programme goals
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Holiday allowance
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
As part of your degree apprenticeship programme, you will be supported with on-the-job training, mentoring and development opportunities to further your career in food.