Apprenticeship Level 3: Public Response (Customer Service)
- 24 months+
HS2 Apprentices join us in September 2021, where they will have a full Induction into HS2 and meet all Apprentices in their cohort. All our apprentices attend a learning week every 6 months, which is designed to develop the core skills, and behaviours required in any business. Not only is every apprentice supported by their day to day team, but every apprentice is supported by the Talent team, where regular team meetings are set up weekly, 1:1’s are provided on a monthly basis, and every apprentice is assigned a mentor for their durations as well as a team buddy.
As a Public Response Apprentice, you will provide support with complex or escalated customer requests and queries and support HS2’s approach to stakeholder engagement. This will be an exciting and fast paced role at the heart of a busy and vibrant team, and we will provide all the support necessary to thrive – learning, developing and growing in this important role.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying at College. Over the two years you will cover various topics including; service improvement, customer needs and customer Insights, customer service culture and environment and customer journey mapping and review.
About the role:
- You will principally work to gather and analyse data and customer information and share this in a way that influences change and improvements in the overarching stakeholder experience
- You will support the smooth running of the HS2 Helpdesk and have a helicopter view of the programme supporting the team who manage a range of enquiries on the front line, an excellent grounding within HS2 for those passionate to progress their careers
- You will have natural customer service skills that you will be supported to build on and will use these to act as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints and queries, approaching each with a view to improving outcomes for the people we come into contact with
- You will be expected to grow your experience in HS2’s products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues to influence iterative and ongoing improvement, delivering ideas into tangible change that improves the way we work as a team and potentially as an organization
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
Qualifications - External
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Ability to follow process: Working to a process to achieve an outcome and/or identify improvements to existing processes
- Problem Solving skills: Identify problems, generate and form ideas to resolve issues
- IT: Knowledge of and experience of using MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
- The post-holder is always expected to behave in a manner consistent with HS2 company values
Our Apprenticeship graduate programme salaries:
London locations (inside M25):
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £15,539 plus 10% flexible allowance = £17,092.90
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £16,389 plus 10% flexible allowance = £18,027.90
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £14,523 plus 10% flexible allowance = £15,975.30
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £15,373 plus 10% flexible allowance = £16,910.30
Does HS2 offer sponsorship, if I do not have the Right to Work in the UK?
To be eligible to apply to the HS2 Apprenticeship scheme for our September 2021 in-take, at the time of application you will already need to have the unrestricted Right to Work in the UK (i.e. not requiring sponsorship). HS2 do not hold a license, so are not able to sponsor any application.
We appreciate the Right to Work question can be complex to understand, particularly with recent changes around Brexit, if you unsure of your Right to Work status, please email us at HS2Jobs@hs2.org.uk and we are happy to help.
Timelines for the campaign?
The Applications window closes on 1st March 2021. The selection process will include a mix of online assessments taking place throughout March and April. As it currently stands there are no face-to-face assessments planned due the ongoing Covid19 pandemic. The final outcome of your application will be available in May. The start date of the HS2 Apprenticeship Programme 2021 is Monday 27 September 2021.
Before contacting the HS2 team, please kindly review the Apprentice FAQ’s on our website at https://www.hs2.org.uk/careers/future-talent/