Apprenticeship Level 4: Commercial Procurement and Supply Chain
HS2 Apprentices join us in September 2021, where they will have a full Induction into HS2 and meet all Apprentices in their cohort. All our apprentices attend a learning week every 6 months, which is designed to develop the core skills, and behaviours required in any business. Not only is every apprentice supported by their day to day team, but every apprentice is supported by the Talent team, where regular team meetings are set up weekly, 1:1’s are provided on a monthly basis, and every apprentice is assigned a mentor for their durations as well as a team buddy.
As a Procurement Apprentice, you’ll bring together vision and value. Making sure public funds are spent wisely, you’ll help to ensure our massive, complex project provides excellent value for taxpayers’ money. Helping to select and buy a wide range of products and services which will build the new railway. As well as having an input on large decision-making taking place across the company.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying at College to gain a professionally recognised Level 4 qualification awarded by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply. You’ll also gain skills and experience that will set you up for an incredibly rewarding career. What’s more, you could go on to gain further study with the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, and even gain full membership (the equivalent to a degree). All of which means you’ll open doors to many opportunities - from the public sector, private sector, transport and energy companies. Successful completion of the examinations within the programme will lead to the award of the Level 4 qualification from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply. A final assessed project is then the final hurdle to the award of the full apprenticeship.
The Procurement & Commercial directorate is a collective group of procurement and commercial professionals and we are responsible for one of the largest group of contracts ever let in the UK over the last 10 years. HS2 will be built by a huge supply chain, made up of expert companies in many different disciplines, and as an organisation we have a combined forecast capital expenditure of £92bn and will be responsible for making sure we deliver HS2 in an inclusive, sustainable and financially efficient way.
About the role:
- accountable for meeting deadlines as agreed with the placement manager
- accountable for delivery of procurement and contract management activity in line with HS2 processes
- accountable for managing time to ensure course work is completed as agreed with the apprenticeship provider
- maintaining and recording placement information to support with the apprenticeship qualification
- maintaining information as agreed with the placement manager
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Ability to follow process: Working to a process to achieve an outcome and/or identify improvements to existing processes
- Collaborative Working: The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- IT: Knowledge of and experience of using MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
- The post-holder is always expected to behave in a manner consistent with HS2 company values
Our Apprenticeship graduate programme salaries:
London locations (inside M25):
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £15,539 plus 10% flexible allowance = £17,092.90
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £16,389 plus 10% flexible allowance = £18,027.90
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £14,523 plus 10% flexible allowance = £15,975.30
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £15,373 plus 10% flexible allowance = £16,910.30
Does HS2 offer sponsorship, if I do not have the Right to Work in the UK?
To be eligible to apply to the HS2 Apprenticeship scheme for our September 2021 in-take, at the time of application you will already need to have the unrestricted Right to Work in the UK (i.e. not requiring sponsorship). HS2 do not hold a license, so are not able to sponsor any application.
We appreciate the Right to Work question can be complex to understand, particularly with recent changes around Brexit, if you unsure of your Right to Work status, please email us at HS2Jobs@hs2.org.uk and we are happy to help.
Timelines for the campaign?
The Applications window closes on 1st March 2021. The selection process will include a mix of online assessments taking place throughout March and April. As it currently stands there are no face-to-face assessments planned due the ongoing Covid19 pandemic. The final outcome of your application will be available in May. The start date of the HS2 Apprenticeship Programme 2021 is Monday 27 September 2021.
Before contacting the HS2 team, please kindly review the Apprentice FAQ’s on our website at https://www.hs2.org.uk/careers/future-talent/