Apprenticeship Level 3: Business Administration
HS2 Apprentices join us in September 2021, where they will have a full Induction into HS2 and meet all Apprentices in their cohort. All our apprentices attend a learning week every 6 months, which is designed to develop the core skills, and behaviours required in any business. Not only is every apprentice supported by their day to day team, but every apprentice is supported by the Talent team, where regular team meetings are set up weekly, 1:1’s are provided on a monthly basis, and every apprentice is assigned a mentor for their durations as well as a team buddy.
This Business Administrator Apprenticeship role will deliver support and engagement to differing areas of the organisation whilst interacting with Internal and External Stakeholders. With a focus on adding value, the role of the business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills. The Business Administrator will be involved with document production and retention, process improvement and implementation, project management and business wide communications.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying at College. As part of the Apprenticeship, you will gain an internationally recognised Level 3 qualification in Business Administration.
About the role:
- Produce accurate records and documents such as: emails, reports, corporate reports, action trackers and forward planning pipelines, whilst making recommendations for improvements
- Maintain records and files, handle confidential material in accordance with HS2 Ltd paper classifications, offering advice to others in this regard when required
- Understanding business policies and processes including laws and regulations whilst in the role
- Approach and complete tasks to a high standard, whilst demonstrating a satisfactory level of expertise and to continuously improve work and offer suggestions for improvements to processes where applicable
- Use relevant project management principles where appropriate to plan, monitor and produce reports, as well as lead and undertake project when required
- Endeavour to be proactive always but seek advice from more senior team members when appropriate
- Take up opportunities to support projects and workstreams in differing teams
- Demonstrate strong communication skills whether face to face, by telephone, using digital platforms or in writing
- Resourcefulness in initiating and completing tasks to successfully meet
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Ability to follow process: Working to a process to achieve an outcome and/or identify improvements to existing processes
- Problem Solving skills: Identify problems, generate and form ideas to resolve issues
- IT: Knowledge of and experience of using MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
- The post-holder is always expected to behave in a manner consistent with HS2 company values
Our Apprenticeship graduate programme salaries:
London locations (inside M25):
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £15,539 plus 10% flexible allowance = £17,092.90
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £16,389 plus 10% flexible allowance = £18,027.90
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £14,523 plus 10% flexible allowance = £15,975.30
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £15,373 plus 10% flexible allowance = £16,910.30
Does HS2 offer sponsorship, if I do not have the Right to Work in the UK?
To be eligible to apply to the HS2 Apprenticeship scheme for our September 2021 in-take, at the time of application you will already need to have the unrestricted Right to Work in the UK (i.e. not requiring sponsorship). HS2 do not hold a license, so are not able to sponsor any application.
We appreciate the Right to Work question can be complex to understand, particularly with recent changes around Brexit, if you unsure of your Right to Work status, please email us at HS2Jobs@hs2.org.uk and we are happy to help.
Timelines for the campaign?
The Applications window closes on 1st March 2021. The selection process will include a mix of online assessments taking place throughout March and April. As it currently stands there are no face-to-face assessments planned due the ongoing Covid19 pandemic. The final outcome of your application will be available in May. The start date of the HS2 Apprenticeship Programme 2021 is Monday 27 September 2021.
Before contacting the HS2 team, please kindly review the Apprentice FAQ’s on our website at https://www.hs2.org.uk/careers/future-talent/