Apprenticeship Level 4: Fraud Investigator
4 days left
- 24 months+
HS2 Apprentices join us in September 2021, where they will have a full Induction into HS2 and meet all Apprentices in their cohort. All our apprentices attend a learning week every 6 months, which is designed to develop the core skills, and behaviours required in any business. Not only is every apprentice supported by their day to day team, but every apprentice is supported by the Talent team, where regular team meetings are set up weekly, 1:1’s are provided on a monthly basis, and every apprentice is assigned a mentor for their durations as well as a team buddy.
As a Fraud Investigator Apprentice, you will work under the direction of HS2’s Fraud Investigator within the Counter Fraud & Business Ethics Team. You will be involved in assisting with investigations (internal/external) into suspected instances of fraud, bribery and unethical behaviour across the HS2 Project. You will also support the completion of fraud and bribery risk assessments, identify controls to mitigate fraud and bribery and raise awareness of fraud and bribery risks through the delivery of training and communications.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying with a training provider. As part of your Apprenticeship, you will gain a recognised Level 4 qualification.
The Counter Fraud and Business Ethics Team reports into the General Counsel. The purpose of the Team is to effectively control the company’s fraud and bribery risks to within the risk appetite of the HS2 Board, and to champion and develop ethical values both within HS2 Ltd and its supply chain.
About the role:
- Supporting the wider Counter Fraud & Business Ethics Team with fraud and bribery risk assessments and training
- Undertaking specific tasks with regard to investigations, which will include evidence gathering, assisting with interviews and taking statements
- Undertaking initial and/or background investigations/analysis into reports received by the Team
- Identify controls to mitigate weaknesses in systems/processes
- Maintaining investigation case files
- Assist with the running of fraud/ethics committees/forums
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
- On the job learning
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate with internal/external stakeholders, these will include HS2 Ltd employees, Law enforcement, government bodies and the supply chain
- Collaborative working: The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver work/activities and projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Analytical skills: The ability to analyse complex information and identify anomalies, patterns and trends
- Adaptability: Have flexibility with regard to working hours and geographical location
- IT skills: Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
- The post-holder is always expected to behave in a manner consistent with HS2 company values
Our Apprenticeship graduate programme salaries:
London locations (inside M25):
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £15,539 plus 10% flexible allowance = £17,092.90
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £16,389 plus 10% flexible allowance = £18,027.90
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £14,523 plus 10% flexible allowance = £15,975.30
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £15,373 plus 10% flexible allowance = £16,910.30
Does HS2 offer sponsorship, if I do not have the Right to Work in the UK?
To be eligible to apply to the HS2 Apprenticeship scheme for our September 2021 in-take, at the time of application you will already need to have the unrestricted Right to Work in the UK (i.e. not requiring sponsorship). HS2 do not hold a license, so are not able to sponsor any application.
We appreciate the Right to Work question can be complex to understand, particularly with recent changes around Brexit, if you unsure of your Right to Work status, please email us at HS2Jobs@hs2.org.uk and we are happy to help.
Timelines for the campaign?
The Applications window closes on 1st March 2021. The selection process will include a mix of online assessments taking place throughout March and April. As it currently stands there are no face-to-face assessments planned due the ongoing Covid19 pandemic. The final outcome of your application will be available in May. The start date of the HS2 Apprenticeship Programme 2021 is Monday 27 September 2021.
Before contacting the HS2 team, please kindly review the Apprentice FAQ’s on our website at https://www.hs2.org.uk/careers/future-talent/