Apprenticeship Level 4: Associate Project Management
2 days left
- 24 months+
HS2 Apprentices join us in September 2021, where they will have a full Induction into HS2 and meet all Apprentices in their cohort. All our apprentices attend a learning week every 6 months, which is designed to develop the core skills, and behaviours required in any business. Not only is every apprentice supported by their day to day team, but every apprentice is supported by the Talent team, where regular team meetings are set up weekly, 1:1’s are provided on a monthly basis, and every apprentice is assigned a mentor for their durations as well as a team buddy.
As a Project Management Apprentice, you’ll transform insight into impact. With real responsibilities, you’ll discover how to organise, plan and make decisions about how we’ll build the new railway - and transform Britain. You will provide Project Management support to the project teams to assist with ensuring our delivery partners deliver according to time, cost, quality, safety and environmental specifications. The various opportunities across the HS2 programme will allow you to be placed into a range of teams, including but not limited to Land & Property, Construction, Commercial and our Integrated Project teams.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying at College. As part of the Apprenticeship, you will gain an internationally recognised Level 4 qualification in project management.
About the role:
Project Stakeholder Management
- Support HS2 subject matter experts assigned to assist the delivery of project tasks
- Liaise with the Project Team, Directorate and functional teams on a regular basis
- Support the Project Management Team to assure the management of health, safety and security by the appointed supply chain meets the required standards
- Monitor, analyse and advise where appropriate on project in relation to time, cost and resource
Risk and issue management
- Work with Project Management Team to identify and analyse project risks, including providing support in the development of contingency plans through appropriate risk management/mitigation strategies
- Support Project Managers to review and manage works information where required
- Support Project Management Team in the development of routine reports to enable effective decision making
- Attendance to training provider sessions
- Complete all work aligned to the apprenticeship programme
- Completion of the apprenticeship programme
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Collaborative Working: The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Interpersonal and relationship skills: The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners
- Prioritisation Skills: The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines to deliver activities/projects in a timely manner and ensuring quality
- Ability to follow process: Working to a process to achieve an outcome and/or identify improvements to existing processes
- IT: Knowledge of and experience of using MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Type of experience:
- To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grade 4 minimum, including English and Maths, or equivalent
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with HS2 company values.
Our Apprenticeship graduate programme salaries:
London locations (inside M25):
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £15,539 plus 10% flexible allowance = £17,092.90
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £16,389 plus 10% flexible allowance = £18,027.90
- Level3/Year1 – basic salary of £14,523 plus 10% flexible allowance = £15,975.30
- Level4/Year1 – basic salary of £15,373 plus 10% flexible allowance = £16,910.30
Does HS2 offer sponsorship, if I do not have the Right to Work in the UK?
To be eligible to apply to the HS2 Apprenticeship scheme for our September 2021 in-take, at the time of application you will already need to have the unrestricted Right to Work in the UK (i.e. not requiring sponsorship). HS2 do not hold a license, so are not able to sponsor any application.
We appreciate the Right to Work question can be complex to understand, particularly with recent changes around Brexit, if you unsure of your Right to Work status, please email us at HS2Jobs@hs2.org.uk and we are happy to help.
Timelines for the campaign?
The Applications window closes on 1st March 2021. The selection process will include a mix of online assessments taking place throughout March and April. As it currently stands there are no face-to-face assessments planned due the ongoing Covid19 pandemic. The final outcome of your application will be available in May. The start date of the HS2 Apprenticeship Programme 2021 is Monday 27 September 2021.
Before contacting the HS2 team, please kindly review the Apprentice FAQ’s on our website at https://www.hs2.org.uk/careers/future-talent/