Turner & Townsend – UK Apprenticeship Programme
As an apprentice with Turner & Townsend you will have the opportunity to develop first class consultancy skills and work with industry leading clients on some of the most exciting projects across the UK. We offer two degree level apprenticeships that operate within our real estate and infrastructure sectors and give you the opportunity work across a diverse portfolio of projects. You will be exposed to as many different areas as possible to support your professional development pathway. These two are:
Cost Management (Quantity Surveying)
On the cost management programme you will undertake the Chartered Surveyor level 6 degree apprenticeship. During the five year programme you will gain a BSc in Quantity Surveying as well as complete the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC), to fulfil the requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Chartered status.
As a Trainee Cost Manager at Turner & Townsend not only will you complete your fully funded degree you will be given the opportunity to learn on the job working on some of the UK’s best projects with industry leading clients. Cost management is vital in delivering the best value to our clients and maximising their return on investment. You will support the commission manager by delivering a wide range of tasks to the highest quality standards. Key areas you will assist with include: estimating and producing cost plans, drafting procurement documentation, checking and analysing tenders, conducting cost checks and valuations, analysing the numbers for the final accounts and liaising with the client, contractors and designers.
On the project management programme you will undertake a BSc in Project Management as well as the Association of Project Management (APM) project management Qualification (PMQ) which will allow full membership of the APM, the Chartered Body for the Project Profession.
As a Trainee Project Manager at Turner & Townsend not only will you complete your fully funded degree you will be given the opportunity to learn on the job working on some of the UK’s best projects with industry leading clients. Project management reduces risk and helps clients deliver projects in a consistent and improved manner. Project managers are responsible for the day-to-day management of the various aspects of the project, working collaboratively with different disciplines. Some of the areas you will assist with include; establishing effective processes and systems to be used throughout the project, working collaboratively with different disciplines, managing risk, cost control, producing project plans and preparing written project communication materials.
Apprentice Development Programme (ADP)
During your apprenticeship, you will be provided with a development plan that is aligned to your academic study, our internal competency framework and supporting professional frameworks, including RICS and APM.
The programme is designed to:
- Develop you to become a well-rounded consultant and accelerate your career
- Support your academic study and give you first-hand experience
- Provide a training schedule to support and capture your learning and development needs and achievements
- Be a learning tool document to track and report progress of your capabilities
If you complete one of our degree apprenticeships, we expect you to be at the same level as a graduate who has completed the graduate development programme at the end of your apprenticeship.
We have opportunities for apprentices in the following locations –
To apply you must meet the following criteria –
- Right to live and work in the UK and must have lived in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last three years
- Five GCSE’s grades A*-C including Maths and English (grade 4 and above in new grading system or equivalent e.g. functional skills)
- Three A Levels at grade B or above, or equivalent e.g. BTEQ level 3 grades DDM
We also look for individuals with the following qualities -
- Strong communicator
- Committed to making a difference
- Quality driven
- Exceeds expectations
- Team player
- Commercial thinker
- Passion for the construction industry
- Desire to learn and grasp opportunities.
We are looking for individuals to have a passion for the industry and who are motivated by the work we do and the clients we work with. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community and value diversity in our business.
- The benefits we offer include:
- competitive salary
- structured learning and development sessions throughout your programme
- support to become professionally qualified
- access to a range of online learning tools
- corporate gym membership
- employee assistance programme
- season ticket loan
- ability to buy or sell annual leave days
- company social events
- sports team membership
- cycle to work scheme.
Please be aware that we recruit on a rolling basis so it is important to apply as early as possible.