Apprentice Multi-skilled Engineer
7 days left
- Demonstrate interest in the engineering discipline
- To be IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office or equivalent software
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately to high standards
- Aptitude for practical science or engineering skills
- A desire to learn
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communiation and literacy skills
- To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines
- To be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative
- High level of flexibility and dependability
- Highly motivated
- Good record of attendance
To start the Higher Apprenticeship you will need to have suitable A-Level qualifications in Maths, Science or Engineering or a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering.Future prospects
To become a full-time engineer.Things to consider
You will need to complete an online application form at www.derwenttraining.co.uk. Once we have received your form we will invite you to attend an assessment test at our training centre in Malton.
The National Minimum Wage for an Apprentice is £3.70 an hour from April 2018. This rate applies to Apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their Apprenticeship (usually one day per week).