Software Engineer (Degree Apprenticeship)
About Us - Software Team
From our Offices in Lewes, England we employ leading scientists, engineers and experts in vision research (amongst other fields). We specialise in the development of solutions for automation of parking systems with the automotive trend of automated driving. As an apprentice, you would be helping us deliver state-of-the-art software tools, especially PC based simulation tools to support in car ECU development, while gaining valuable industrial experience in a vibrant and multinational team.
- General software development experience (preferably C/C++)
- Experience developing software under Linux environments with tools such as Eclipse/gcc
- Experience in continuous integration tools and version control (e.g. git)
- Knowledge of some form of GUI toolkit – preferably QT(5)
- Experience of image/video processing (esp. Formats/conversions: YUV, RGB, etc)
- Knowledge of (object oriented) scripting languages – preferably Python though Perl/PHP OK
- Knowledge of data encapsulation formats such as XML and Json – reading/writing
- Knowledge of Computer Vision algorithms
- Embedded systems understanding
- A-Level / GCSE in English, Maths and Computer Science.
- A keen interesting in engineering and software development
- Fluent English language speaking and comprehension skills are essential
- Good communication and teamwork skills, working in a multicultural environment
- Enthusiastic about technology and willing to research and learn
- Interest in automotive applications
- Organised and focused
- Can-do attitude
- Team player
What it a Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships are a government initiative that allows learners to combine studying for an undergraduate degree qualification with a genuine job.
- You will not pay any university tuition fees as your employer covers the costs.
- You'll have a paid job while studying part time in working hours.
- Study modules at university and put your learning into practice in the workplace.
- You’ll gain real-life work experience and essential life skills.
- You’ll achieve the same qualification as those who take a traditional full time undergraduate degree route.
About the University of Chichester
We are internationally recognised as a beacon of good practice for high-quality student-centred education.
We don't do gimmicks but we do provide our students with life enhancing experiences. That's why we've been named one of top ten universities in the UK for student experience by the 2018 Time Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
It's also why that for over a decade, through the National Student Survey, our student community has consistently rated us between 3 and 6 percentage points ahead of the sector.
As Professor Jane Longmore our Vice-Chancellor commented: "We are justifiably proud to have a reputation for excellent teaching that is intellectually stimulating and which takes place in a community of learning. For this reason we are delighted that the results of the 2017 NSS see us ranked in the top 10 per cent of the sector for 'the teaching on my course' and 'learning community'."
In 2017 our overall satisfaction was 87 per cent, three per cent above the national average, and as a result we are ranked inside the top 40 of all higher education providers in the country by the Times Higher Education Supplement.
Apply for Software Engineer (Degree Apprenticeship)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly