Software Test Development Engineer (Degree Apprenticeship)
About Us - Software Team
From our Offices in Lewes, England we employ leading scientists, engineers and experts in vision research (amongst other fields). We specialise in the development of solutions for automation of parking systems with the automotive trend of automated driving. As an apprentice, you would be helping us deliver state-of-the-art software tools, especially PC based simulation tools to support in car ECU development, while gaining valuable industrial experience in a vibrant and multinational team.
- Python and C/C++ development of application for testing, analytics development and driving improvement in applications using a variety of sensors such as camera, Lidar and ultrasonic based sensors.
- Contribute towards the development of use cases for the application
- Support the review of requirements for testability and test method.
- Following the test process in order to perform correct reviews and maintain traceability.
- Support the analysis of test results and failure patterns to produce reports for internal and external consumption.
- Support the test engineer with managing any test, data, or development-tools related issues that might arise.
- Assist in the maintenance and creation of test documents including (but not limited to) requirements, specifications, test reports, statistics and key performance indicators.
- Write, update and check test cases and test specifications.
- Execute the test cases for function and algorithm tests.
- A-Level / GCSE in English, Maths and Science.
- A keen interesting in engineering and software development
- An understanding of Python
- Fluent English language speaking and comprehension skills are essential
- Good communication and teamwork skills, working in a multicultural environment
- Enthusiastic about technology and willing to research and learn
- Interest in automotive applications
- Organised and focused
- Can-do attitude
- Team player
What it a Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships are a government initiative that allows learners to combine studying for an undergraduate degree qualification with a genuine job.
- You will not pay any university tuition fees as your employer covers the costs.
- You'll have a paid job while studying part time in working hours.
- Study modules at university and put your learning into practice in the workplace.
- You’ll gain real-life work experience and essential life skills.
- You’ll achieve the same qualification as those who take a traditional full time undergraduate degree route.
About the University of Chichester
We are internationally recognised as a beacon of good practice for high-quality student-centred education.
We don't do gimmicks but we do provide our students with life enhancing experiences. That's why we've been named one of top ten universities in the UK for student experience by the 2018 Time Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
It's also why that for over a decade, through the National Student Survey, our student community has consistently rated us between 3 and 6 percentage points ahead of the sector.
As Professor Jane Longmore our Vice-Chancellor commented: "We are justifiably proud to have a reputation for excellent teaching that is intellectually stimulating and which takes place in a community of learning. For this reason we are delighted that the results of the 2017 NSS see us ranked in the top 10 per cent of the sector for 'the teaching on my course' and 'learning community'."
In 2017 our overall satisfaction was 87 per cent, three per cent above the national average, and as a result we are ranked inside the top 40 of all higher education providers in the country by the Times Higher Education Supplement.