1 day left
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
- competent with the use of a computer and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, etc.)
- be passionate about developing a career within the contraction industry, with a focus on estimating and billing
- have excellent written and oral communication, ability to influence without authority and to be adaptive in communication styles
- be driven to achieve results, with strong attention to detail, analytical and able to tackle problems effectively and calmly
- evidence the ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- have achieved grades BCC from three A-Levels, preferably including a maths or science subject, (or equivalent UCAS points)
- 5 GCSEs (A*-C grade) or equivalent including maths
- previous experience of working within a trade within the construction industry would be an advantage
There are many further opportunities available for this role. This could include specialisation and further training within the Estimating and Win Work team, alternatively you can join our degree level apprenticeship programme and develop your career into a chartered quantity surveyor or construction site manager.Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour from the 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24, and £7.83 for those over 25.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
This role is office based, with the use of a computer daily. Typical hours are outlined above, however there may be times when you finish earlier or later depending on tender deadlines.