Risk & Controls Apprentice with M&G plc
We are seeking a motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in Financial Services and wishes to pursue a career in Risk Management.
The successful applicant will form part of the Controls & Assurance Team and will be supported by the Controls & Assurance Management Team.
The successful applicant will support the First Line Controls & Assurance Team to drive the culture change on first line risk and control and to establish processes for the management of ongoing risk and control processes.
They will also get the opportunity to not only learn about the Investment processes but the key risks and controls that can impact the business.
The Controls & Assurance Team supports our investments business, ensuring clear accountability and providing greater visibility of risks to the business through the completion of appropriate controls and activities. As a Risk & Controls Apprentice, you will work on the Controls agenda by managing control analysis, performing control assessments and working with the broader team in defining and implementing control enhancements.
Your duties will include:
- Designing and developing control testing plans
- Collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to conduct control analysis
- Communicating and managing control review plans
- Using tools and techniques to review and challenge control effectiveness
- Developing control and assurance processes
- Designing reporting for control effectiveness testing including MI (management information)
- Running Risk awareness workshops across the business
Future Prospects: This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
Training Provided: As a Compliance & Risk Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Compliance & Risk Officer Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
- Good, confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Structured approach to work and very well organised
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A proactive Team player who is confident about working and collaborating with others but also working independently and can promptly escalate any issue
- Self-learner – proactive in using tools provided to improve knowledge and search for information
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- We are looking for confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress
- The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in career in the Risk Management
- Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team
- The successful applicant will have an inquisitive and analytical mind and an efficient approach
Desired but not essential:
- Experience of preparing written and verbal communications for a range of audiences
Qualifications Required: Ideally, the candidate will have either a minimum of 2 A levels (or equivalent) or 5 GCSEs with good grades in Maths and English (A-C) or relevant 2 years work experience of an office or business environment.