Business Analyst Apprentice with M&G plc
We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in the Business Analysis team, in our Edinburgh office.
This apprenticeship will give successful candidate a practical introduction to business analysis in an FTSE 100 investments and savings firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of technology experiences.
We’re working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business.
As a Business Analyst Apprentice you will be working within cross functional teams to deliver change and an improved customer experiences across our technology estate. You will also be part of a wider team of Business Analysts. You will help to advance the M&G Customer Technology community through sharing of best practice, building technical designs and helping to define business requirements. In the Business Analysis Team, we use JIRA and Confluence as well as other tools. You will be expected to build up your skills in that area too. We will teach you:
- How to identify, investigate, understand and capture business requirements
- How to contribute to the Feature Team to help produce the right team outcomes
- How to unblock problems and issues
- How to prioritise the order of work
- How to be an active contributor to the wider community
- How to work with key stakeholders and to build successful relationships
Your duties will include:
- Identifying and documenting business requirements in JIRA and Confluence
- Breaking down complex issues into a way that others can understand
- Attending and running workshops to gather requirements
- Unblocking issues and thinking of potential solutions
- Creating the Current AS IS and Future TO BE processes and perform gap analysis
- Working in a cross functional team to deliver change involving several different people
- Contributing to, and achieving, continuous improvement goals for yourself and your team
Future Prospects: This is a fixed term contract for 13 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
Training Provided: As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to come up with solutions
- Problem solving way of thinking
- A proactive team player who can work independently
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Interested in learning more about business analysis
Personal Qualities: The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with a positive outlook and good attention to detail. They should have a strong desire to learn and be keen to start their career in a financial services environment. The successful applicant should enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage their time effectively. The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive, can-do attitude and have an efficient approach
Qualifications Required: As a minimum, candidate will have 5 National 5s with good grades in Maths and English (A-C). Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.