Engineering Apprenticeship - Mechanical Engineering
7 days left
- 24 months+
Bucher Municipal Ltd (previously Johnston Sweepers Ltd) is one of the world's leading manufacturers of street cleansing equipment. Our products include road sweepers, sewer and drainage cleaners and winter maintenance (salt spreaders). In Dorking, we design and manufacture the Truck Mounted Sweeper range and the runway sweepers.
Bucher Municipal want to invest in your future. This apprenticeship will develop the skillset required to become a fully qualified Assembly Fitter including sub assemblies and main assemblies in line with defined process sheets and technical assembly drawings to meet the production plan of the company ensuring quality standards are maintained.
The assembly department's responsibility is to assemble all parts of the completed truck mounted sweeper.
As part of the apprenticeship, you will be:-
- Taught how to assemble the product
- Learn to read engineering drawings
- Understand engineering regulations
- Required to meet or exceed all College targets set for you
- Maintain the high quality of a worldwide renowned product
- Achieve targets set by Supervisors and Managers
- Attend all training courses required by the company.
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Team Player
- GCSE or equivalent in English (Grade 4 or above) essential.
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics (Grade 4 or above) essential
- GCSE or equivalent in ICT (Grade 4 or above) desirable
Many of our apprentices have gone on to develop their careers with us through further education, some specialising and others moving into supervisory activities.
Apprentices are a key part of our business and we look to maintain the skills learnt during the apprenticeship and to develop these further in future career paths within the organisation.