Marketing Insights Analyst Apprentice with M&G plc
We are seeking a motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in Financial Services and wishes to pursue a career in Marketing Insight Analysis.
As part of the Marketing team, the Marketing Insights Team are responsible for helping the wider team build an understanding of our customers. The Team is also responsible for leading and owning the application of customer insight, data strategy and management, segmentation development and implementation, and CRM strategy for the business
Ascentric Market Insight Team
Ascentric is a dynamic and successful investment platform business based in Bath. We offer Financial Advisers and their clients the ability to manage their investment portfolios online, giving them more flexibility and control over their money. The adviser platform is marketed under the Ascentric brand and our goal is to be the Independent Financial Advisers’ platform of choice. We strive to achieve this by constantly listening and responding to our customers, focusing on service delivery and by constantly improving the breadth and depth of our offer to market.
This role will support Sales, Marketing and Proposition functions across Ascentric.
As a Marketing Insight Analysis Apprentice, your accountabilities will include:
- (at tactical level) Providing day-to-day support and delivery of Sales Operational Performance and Marketing Campaign management information that provides the insight to inform future campaign and communication plans, together with sales activity.
- (at strategic level) Supporting strategic insight and analysis projects – Sales and Marketing Target model that drives targeted campaign activity and sales panel alignment, together with functional delivery and data analysis of quarterly Adviser Satisfaction survey that is a key measure for Ascentric scorecard.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting with the development and maintenance of Marketing Data lists for Campaigns
- Supporting to deliver clear management information (MI) reporting across Sales, Marketing and Proposition functions
- Analysis projects - working with Head of Strategic Insight, Sales Management team and Campaign team
- Delivering ad-hoc analysis tasks that drive business growth activities
- Deep dive insight into adviser and customer groups, and proposition maintenance and development
- Campaign Analysis - use campaign results and other business data to identify opportunities to improve customer engagement, enhance existing journeys and improve performance
- Supporting with the roll out and collation of Adviser Satisfaction survey results and analysis
- Ensuring Marketing Data is maintained accurately and working with external providers and suppliers
Future Prospects: This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
- Moderate computer skills in MS Office (excel; PowerPoint; word)
- Proactive and innovative – able to work to own initiative and self-motivated to solve problems and develop skills
- Inquisitive mind, logical and analytical skills
- Customer centric mind-set – ability to build partnerships both inside and outside the organisation, in particular with customers
- Well organised and ability to manage time effectively
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Analytical with good attention to detail
The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual with an interest in marketing insights and data analytics.
- You will already have a basic understanding of research methods and techniques and statistical analysis techniques, or a willingness to develop these skills
- A thirst for knowledge, understanding and continuous professional development
- Passionate about developing our business and supporting the delivery of the strategy through inferences from evidence-based analysis
- A strong desire to really understand our customer needs, and place these at the heart of the business
Ability to engage effectively with key stakeholders at all levels across the business
Ideally, the candidate will have either a minimum of 2 A levels (or equivalent) or 5 GCSEs with good grades in Maths and English (A-C) or relevant 2 years work experience of an office or business environment