Apprentice Site Manager
Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Strong numerical and verbal competence
- Interest in working in the construction industry
- Understanding and experience of working as part of a tight knit team
- Flexible mind-set
- Strong interpersonal skills
We also look for the following personal qualities:
- Keen to learn
- Thrives on working with others
- Enjoys working under pressure
- 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C or above (English and Maths included)
- A-levels or BTEC/GNVQ equivalent, preferably in a construction or STEM related field
Upon successful completion of the Level 4 Apprenticeship there are excellent opportunities within the business to progress onto degree level apprenticeship, as relevant and appropriate to successful individual's development and aspiration.
Furthermore, recruits will be expected and supported to progress into Site and Project Management roles beyond the apprenticeship.Things to consider
Please be aware, the successful applicant will need to be flexible and will be required to travel to multiple sites throughout the apprenticeship.
The National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour from the 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24, and £7.83 for those over 25.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).