Architectural Masters Degree Apprenticeship
- Assistant to the director of a small but ambitious architectural practice based on the border of Surrey, West Sussex and Hampshire. Would suit someone happy to work in a small office and occasionally from home whilst combining gaining experience on live projects with continuing study at Portsmouth
- The role will include all aspects and stage of project work as well as office management and, surveys and site inspections
- Study for an MA whilst working on sustainable residential and commercial projects flexibly from our office and on occasion from home as appropriate
- One world design architect is a very small practice and the right candidate will gain experience of all stages of projects from inception to completion
Requirements and prospects
- Model making
- BA (hons) Architecture
- A UK Part 1 qualification, with a minimum second class (2:2) degree. Applicants who do not hold a recognised UK Part 1 qualification will need to undertake and pass the ARB prescribed exam for Part 1 prior to joining the apprenticeship course
All applicants to the Degree Apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass - please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you an unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch. If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
- This post is a development role and explicitly for those that are studying for an Architectural Apprenticeship - Level 7. You will have a unique opportunity to gain architectural experience whilst studying part time towards an RIBA accredited Architectural master's degree at the University of Portsmouth.
Things to consider
- Location based in Surrey
- Please note this role will involve travelling one day a week to study at the University of Portsmouth