Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Apprenticeship (Data Analyst) - Pfizer
This is a Business Enabling Analyst role that focuses on driving continuous improvement via digital solutions for the finance community globally within Pfizer. Working as part of a team and providing a quality service to internal and external customers. It is a data rich environment with a reliance on IT systems and MS Office especially Excel & VBA.
Salary £16,560 per annum Holiday Entitlement 25.5 days plus bank holidays Qualifications Required 3 A levels at grade C or above (at least 96 UCAS tariff points) with at least one STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subject. Maths is desirable. Location Walton Oaks, Surrey Working Hours Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm Duration 48 months Start Date 30th August 2021 Interview Date TBC – April/May Closing Date for applications 8th April 2021
Download and complete this application form, then click the "apply now" button to submit this.
There is a section at the end where you must in put answers to the following two questions;
- Please tell us what you hope to gain from a Degree Apprenticeship at Pfizer (200 words maximum).
- What is your main motivation for pursuing a career in Digital or Data Science? (200 words maximum)
This apprenticeship is a Business Enabling role working towards the responsibility for creating and verifying digital solutions & reporting to support decision making across commercial operations within a pharmaceutical organisation. This individual will work with the global Business Enabling team to find efficiencies through using digital solutions to enhance the way we work and help produce more quality and timely outputs.
This apprenticeship will support your training to become a professional within a financial or Digital environment where you will be required to have knowledge and understanding of the core Data science and Analytics principles. Throughout this apprenticeship you will develop Business Awareness and demonstrate your understanding of the science industry and environment in which a commercial pharmaceutical company operates, including customer and supplier needs in order to create, validate and / or report financial information. Ethics and integrity are fundamental to the role therefore, you will understand and apply the relevant Ethical Standards to your own behaviour and appropriately challenge the actions of others where they do not meet these standards. You will also learn to understand and apply professional standards and legal regulations to Pfizer’s financial information and to comply with the fundamental principles of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care and confidentiality.
What is required?
- Analysis; Create and interpret information, and show how that information can be used most effectively to add value
- Communication; Effectively communicate relevant information across the organisation and to appropriate stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- Have a technical/Digital mindset to the way we work and be able to grasps new applications/systems quickly
- Leadership; Proactively manage your own development and be committed to the job and your profession.
- Planning and Prioritisation; Work to tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities. Effectively plan and prioritise your time and coordinate the input of others in order to meet both deadlines and changing priorities.
- Produces Quality and Accurate Information; Apply Data Science and analytics knowledge to consistently deliver high quality, accurate data and information in a timely fashion.
- Team Working and Collaboration; Work effectively in a team and with others, maintaining effective, professional working relationships both internally and externally across organisations.
- Uses Systems and Processes; Understand the systems and processes of the organisation sufficiently, as applicable to the role. Proficient in the IT systems applicable to the role.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Love science? Join us in our drug development labs, or engineering teams. Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an Apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from digital marketing to paralegal services.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English
- 3 A levels at grade C or above (at least 96 UCAS tariff points) with at least one STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subject. Maths is desirable.
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Able to work independently
- Strong interest in Digital technologies and solutions
- Analytical skills
- Computer literate
- Confident in the use of Excel
- Ethics and Integrity
- Professional scepticism
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
- You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve.
- You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
- Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week.
- Work based and knowledge competencies that tie in with the learning aspect of the apprenticeship which results in a BSc (Hons) in Data Science
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
25.5 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays) Opt in pension scheme Student discount card (NUS) Employee assistance programme Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship