GSK Business and Supply Chain Management Degree Apprenticeship
Our business and supply chain apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver the finished products all over the world.
What does a Business and Supply Chain Management apprentice involve?
During the apprenticeship you will gain insight into how products and goods are made and shipped including warehouse operations. You’ll also learn how to use and interpret supply chain data to organise our raw materials and help plan and organise our manufacturing and product delivery schedules.
This apprenticeship combines on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development.. Your role might include:
- Assisting the planning department in their role through inputting data to measure KPIs, attending daily and weekly performance meetings and running reports. As you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products to manage
- Helping team members with data collection, and trending to measure KPIs. You will also be in charge of putting together metrics for performance meetings
- Working alongside colleagues on key projects liaising with external contractors, and as your experience grows you may have the opportunity to manage your own team
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
We would like our apprentices to be well rounded with lots of potential. We look for many skills in our recruitment process but it is important you have good technical aptitude, good diagnostic skills and are a good communicator.
We would like our apprentices to have a genuine and demonstrable interest in the practical aspects of Supply Chain. You should also be confident, have strong communications skills and a responsible attitude combined with the desire to help GSK make an impact to patients lives.
To be eligible for our Business and Supply Chain Degree apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum 5 GCSEs A* to C (or equivalent) including maths and English language (not literature)
- Must have/be predicted to achieve 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
And when you complete your apprenticeship? You could be offered a role at GSK if you have demonstrated the skills and behaviours we look for in our locally grown talent. You could even go on to further study post programme whilst in a permanent role at GSK.
Things to consider
GSK offers a competitive salary with many other benefits including:
- An annual performance-related bonus
- 26 days’ paid holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Pension plan membership
- Private healthcare
- Other benefits including tax-free plans for bikes, health assessments and the ShareReward scheme
The Current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. Our challenging and inspiring mission is to enable people to do more, feel better and live longer by developing innovative products and improving access to healthcare for patients around the world