Apprentice Purchasing Assistant @ Unisurge International Ltd
- Working week
- Monday-Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (with a 30-minute lunch)
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- Weekly wage £173.25 to £334.13
- Expected duration 18 months
- Possible start date 12 Apr 2021
- Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Our Client is looking for an Apprentice Purchasing Assistant to join their friendly and professional team.
Established in 1988, Unisurge is a trusted manufacturer and supplier of practitioner-specified procedure packs, dressing packs, medical disposable and theatre products to health care professionals. Unisurge International are offering an apprentice a fantastic opportunity to develop their current skillset with the potential of gaining a full time job at the end of the apprenticeship if successful.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced team, work towards a well-respected qualification and earn an excellent wage! The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with the position of a Business Administrator available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
The job role is varied but the main duties will include:
- Raise Purchase Orders to fulfil raw material requirements through the MRP system
- Raise Purchase Orders for non-stock items including advertising and consumables
- Negotiate prices with suppliers for raw materials
- Liaise with Contracts Department to obtain prices for items not currently purchased
- Constantly review current pricing levels to ensure best possible price and to enable effective competition in the market
- Liaise with warehouse and accounts departments regarding invoice and delivery queries
- Liaise with support staff to ensure that a Purchasing Component Questionnaire is completed by all suppliers of new products and pass to Quality Control Department for evaluation
- Deal with freight forwarding agents regarding shipments to the UK
- Raise return orders for incorrectly delivered goods and notify the Accounts Department
- Contact suppliers in order chase overdue deliveries and notify Production of items that are on backorder
- To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Hard working
A-C/ 7-4 grades in maths and English are strongly desired however not essential in applying for this position.
The apprentice will have the opportunity to progress into a full time role after the apprenticeship period, if successful.
Things to consider
Please apply via the following link: https://odro.io/s/ycsun
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apply for Apprentice Purchasing Assistant @ Unisurge International Ltd
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly