Supply Chain Apprentice
Who are L3 TRL Technology?
We are an innovative, agile defence organisation designing, developing and delivering cutting-edge electronic systems in the fields of electronic warfare and cyber security.
What we do matters. In short, we work to make the world safer. No matter where your talents lie, working as part of L3 TRL Technology means you are directly contributing to a more secure society, helping to protect national security and combat evolving and emerging threats around the world.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Apprentice to join our Supply Chain team, working with our suppliers to ensure we can produce high quality products on time and on cost to our valued customers, such as the MOD.
As an apprentice, as well as studying for your qualification, you will receive quality on the job training from our experienced members of staff who will coach and develop your skills.
This will be a 2-3 years apprenticeship studying for a BTEC Diploma in Business Administration (Level 2 or 3).
What will the role entail?
- Administration support to our Buyers and assisting with ordering our materials to ensure we can produce our full product range
- Support the selection of suppliers that we use with ongoing negotiation and management.
- Assist in capturing data and metrics to record supply chain performance and producing weekly reports. Updating our internal databases as appropriate
- Assisting our Commodity Manager on strategic pricing models and costings
What skills will I need to be successful?
- Have a professional, friendly and reliable approach to your work with excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to liaise with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Know how to plan and prioritise work to meet team objectives and deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse problems and effective problem solving
- Be enthusiastic, willing to learn with good attention to detail and organisation skills.
- High standard of computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment throughout the working week
'Cerebrum' is the TRL Technology future talent programme that launched in 2016 to support our apprentices, industrial placements, sponsored students and graduates.
Today, it supports over 50 individuals at the start of their career with TRL, helping them develop their skills from day one.
Being part of the Cerebrum programme means you can expect mentoring, bi-weekly tutorials, group meetings, specialised training and the opportunity to be placed in positions of responsibility.
What values should I work to?
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do and are what drive our organisation towards growth and success.
To become a thriving employee at TRL, you should aspire to be innovative and results and delivery oriented. We encourage continuous improvement so taking accountability and ownership over processes, project and ideas is key. It is important that our employees communicate effectively and work collaboratively to get the best from people. Above all else, we are a customer led organisation whether that be internal or external customers and we strive to deliver excellence in all we do.
What else can we offer you?
We appreciate the hard work, commitment and enthusiasm of our Apprentices so alongside a competitive salary and excellent training and development opportunities, we also offer:
- Annual bonus plan
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive pension plan
- Flexible working hours, with a 12pm finish on Fridays
- Free car parking
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Childcare scheme
- Access to a Financial Advisor and Occupational Health Service
What else do I need to know?
All of our roles require successful candidates to undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. For further information on the process and eligibility criteria please get in touch.
Hours of work are typically 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am-12pm on Friday.
Having a driving licence and car would be preferred due to some travel required.
If you’d like a future career in this exciting, fast-track environment and a chance to earn whilst you learn please apply today!