Development Apprentice - Project Manager
Clarion Housing Group
Salary: Starting salary £20,312.00, with potential to increase incrementally subject to performance over next 4 years to £30,000
Job Location: Croydon
Hours: 36 per week
Contract Type: 5 year Fixed Term Contract
Clarion Housing Group is looking for 3 talented and self-motivated school leavers to complete our five-year development programme as part of either the Chartered Surveyor or Project Manager (Degree) Apprenticeships.
You’ll take part in a number of placements across our Development Teams including project management, design and technical, sales and marketing. The programme will provide you with the relevant training and work experience to allow you to grow into a competent and professional Development Manager or Project Manager, responsible for providing professional advice and recommendations on land, property or construction.
On successful completion and depending on your individual skills and experience, you’ll achieve either a degree in Surveying (with full chartered membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or Project Management. The degree will incorporate vocational and academic elements.
You’ll take part in a number of work based placements to support the professional development requirements of the programme. For example, placements may include working as part of New Projects delivery team where you’ll learn how to identify and manage financial and delivery risks on new schemes, along with project management skills and knowledge to enable you to support and ultimately lead key stages in a project delivery programme.
You’ll provide dedicated support on a range of residential projects, including mixed tenure, residential-led mixed use schemes, whilst contributing to the successful operation of the regional Development team. We’ll develop your skills to help you understand and take responsibility for maintaining relationships with stakeholders including Local Authorities, developer partners, our housing management and sales colleagues.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing dedicated support to ensure that projects are appraised against business objectives and accurately reflect costs, income, funding, programme and quality to optimise the benefit to the Group and contribute to its core business. Use appraisal software, such as Pamwin, to appraise and monitor the financial performance of projects.
- Providing support in the preparation of Project Briefs to brief and appoint architects and other external consultants required to successfully deliver the project. Review proposals to ensure we comply with our policies and objectives as well as criteria agreed with our funders.
- Preparing written and reports including those for internal Boards, Panels and Committees and other internal stakeholders, when required.
Rewards and Benefits
In exchange for your commitment and dedication, we will provide you with a generous benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday, rising each year up to 30 days after 3 years of service. You’ll also be entitled to all UK public holidays.
- Season ticket loans
- Company Bonus Scheme of up to 5% of your salary
- Matched pension contributions up to 7.5%
Being an apprentice at Clarion gives you so much more than just a job. You’ll be part of the largest housing provider in the country which provides a space that more than 350,000 people call home, and we want to do more by building and creating homes and communities that people want to live in. You’ve the opportunity to be part of this and to make a real difference to so many. We aim to build 50,000 homes over the next decade and you can be part of making that happen.
We’ll enable you to succeed and encourage you to reach your full potential within a culture that promotes diversity, inclusion and mutual respect. We put our customers and people at the heart of all we do through clear leadership, a meaningful shared purpose and high levels of personal responsibility.
What we’re looking for?
- You’ll be a talented and self-motivated individual with a genuine interest for housing and building or a proven track record of successfully applying yourself both academically and through relevant work experience or hobby.
- The entry requirement for the apprenticeship is a minimum of 96 UCAS points from three A2 levels at Grade C or their equivalent through recognised qualifications such as BTEC, or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a construction or property related discipline.
- GCSE Grade C or 4 or higher in English and Maths
- You’ll be an ambitious team player who can use your initiative to ensure personal and business success.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate genuine passion to help make a difference and contribute to shaping the success of the Development team, bringing forward opportunities and delivering new homes that allow Clarion to make a step change towards the achievement of its ambitious targets.
- You must have the right to work in the UK on a permanent basis without restriction as Clarion is unable to sponsor working visas for this particular role.
- You must be available to participate in initial telephone interviews in the last week in May and attend a virtual assessment centre on or around 30th June 2021
Closing Date: Sunday 9th May 2021 at midnight
For further details and to apply for this vacancy please use the link provided.