Apprentice Medical Receptionist @ Sturry Surgery
- The working week will consist of a routine 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday. The week will consist of the following: Monday 10.00am - 6.30pm, Tuesday 8.00am - 4.00pm, Wednesday 8.00am - 4.00pm, Thursday 10.00am - 6.30pm and Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm. Total hours per week: 37.50
Weekly wage £175.00
Expected duration 13 months
Our Client is looking for an Apprentice Medical Administrator to join their friendly and professional team.
Drs Molony, Lilley and Partners operate from two sites, the Canterbury Health Centre and the Sturry Surgery. You will be required to work between both practices.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced team, work towards a well-respected qualification and earn an excellent wage! The successful individual will have the opportunity to progress and grow within a well-respected company with the position available at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
The job role is varied but the main duties will include:
- Responsible for administration of patient registrations including new patients and changes of patient details, registration links, patient deductions and electronic transfer of medical records (GP2GP)
- Deal with registration queries from the Kent Primary Care Agency and liaise as appropriate to solve any problems. Return all old records to KPCA
- Maintain hard copies of medical records in an organised and tidy fashion
- Participate in the rota for forwarding Out of Hours reports to the Duty Doctor and ensuring information is entered into the patient journal
- As required, complete GMS3 (Temporary Services) forms
- Complete data entry and maintain medical records
- Maintain supplies of protected stationery as required
- Assist with secretarial duties as required
- Summarise medical records of new and existing patients
- Scan records into the clinical database and workflow as appropriate
- Open practice mail and distribute as appropriate
- Provide cover for reception when necessary e.g. cover for annual leave or sick leave. Duties include:
- Greet all patients on arrival
- Ensure telephone calls are answered promptly and appropriate action is taken. Handle general enquiries, referring where necessary
- Make new and follow-up appointments
- Prepare computerised repeat prescriptions follow Practice protocol and set out for verification and signature of Doctor
- Accept messages for the Practice Manager and Practice Nurses
- Record requests for home visits and contact the duty doctors with late calls
- Offer Registration health check and enter the information onto the computer
- Record all relevant telephone calls in the Day Book as they happen
- Pass on any messages to the relieving member of staff
- Each morning assist with opening premises. Check heating and ventilation and ensure consulting rooms and treatment rooms are tidy and ready for the first patient
- Make tea / coffee for Doctors and other staff and participate in washing up rota
- Ensure work area is tidy and presentable
- If last person leaving the surgery in the evening, check all outside doors are locked and windows closed, check heating, check telephone answer machine, set security alarm and lock the premises
- Undertake any other duties as required and agreed with the Partners
Support and Training will be provided throughout.
The working week will consist of a routine 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday. The weekly wage is set at £175, to start.
There is an excellent opportunity to gain a full-time role if the apprentice is willing to work hard for their achievements. If you are a career driven individual, this is the perfect opportunity that you do not want to miss out on so be sure to apply now!
- Commitment and drive to want to be an effective office administrator and the ability to apply a good common-sense approach to the variety of tasks you will be asked to help with
- This post always requires the candidate to adhere to strict confidentiality protocols and to act in a responsible and professional manner
- You should be reliable and possess good time keeping skills
- You should be a person who enjoys communicating with others and a committed learner who really wants to be work in an NHS environment
- You should be a team player but also able to use your own initiative and common sense to problem solve
- You should enjoy meeting people and care about the service we deliver to our patients
- We would expect the candidate to take pride in their appearance and dress in a business-like manner
- A good basic standard of education, particularly English is desirable, although no specific previous qualification is mandatory
- However, a good level of education is required to complete the qualification
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills in English and maths, if needed
We are a busy GP surgery based in Canterbury, providing general medical services. Our aim is to provide you with a high standard of health care by making appropriate and innovative use of NHS resources in partnership with other Health Care providers, and in partnership with you. We hope that this web-site will help you work together with us, and enable you to make the best use of the service.
Drs Molony, Lilley and Partners operate from two sites, the Canterbury Health Centre and the Sturry Surgery. You will be required to work from both practices.
Our team includes Doctors, Practice Nurses, District Nurses, Health Visitors, Health Care Assistants, Midwives, Counsellors, Receptionists and Support Staff. Other professionals regularly work within this Practice. The Practice is part of the NHS Canterbury and Coastal Clinical Commissioning Group (C4G).
Apply for Apprentice Medical Receptionist @ Sturry Surgery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly