Finance Apprentice - Stoke on Trent
Davies Group Ltd are looking for a Finance Apprentice to join our account payable team. As a Finance Apprentice you will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This exciting opportunity could set you on the path for your future career as a Finance professional.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all purchases (supplier invoices) and refunds (credit notes), ensuring accurate coding
- Obtain appropriate invoice authorisation on a timely basis.
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve differences.
- Ensure all invoices settled by direct debit and standing orders are obtained and appropriately authorised.
- Send out remittance advices.
- Ensure expense claims comply with company policy and ensure that they are matched, coded, approved and passed through for payment.
- Help assist with supplier account queries via telephone and email and resolve queries promptly.
- Assist Manager with queries re cash as part of the month-end closing process.
Skills & Experience:
- 5 GCSE's grade A - C including Math's and English
- IT Literature including basic understanding of word and strong understanding of excel
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst prioritising work load
- Must be able to multi-task
- Free local parking
- Free eye test vouchers
- Free Headspace membership
- Access to training and professional qualifications
- Innovation Lab Programme
Take your first step towards becoming a Davies Person! Follow our simple application process by clicking "Apply Now".
Davies Group endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates. If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability please contact Human Resources.