Business Administration Apprentice
Job Title: Business Administration Apprentice
Apprenticeship: NVQ Level 3 Business Admin (Apprentice between 16 – 18 Months)
Location: Wigston, Leicester
Salary: £4.30 per hour
Working Hours & Days: Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5pm
Weekly Hours: 40
The Employer: Dura-Sport Ltd.
About Employer: Who are we?
Operating from our Head Office in Leicestershire, Dura-Sport currently employs over 20 full time staff. The team is made up of 12 Operational Staff (these are out delivering, installing and services the products we sell, and include highly skilled installers) as well as 8 support staff (office, accounts, sales etc.) our 'train and maintain' ethos means that the majority of our staff have been with us for many years.
Dura-Sport's management team has over 60 years of experience in the synthetic surfacing industry and are able to offer sound, reliable, common sense advice on all aspects of synthetic sport and play construction.
Dura-Sport’s dedicated in-house pitch maintenance division - Dura-Sport Leisure Care was established in 2000 to provide a comprehensive maintenance and repair service for artificial sports pitches and play facilities nationwide.
We hold the ISO 9001:15 certification for our quality management systems and are a SAPCA (Sports & Play Construction Association) Principal Contractor and members of Constructionline, CHAS, APi, FSPA and RoSPA.
Role and Overall Responsibility:
Working in Dura-Sports’ offices, you will be providing day to day administrative support to the wider commercial team. Reporting directly to the Contract Co-ordinator, you’ll also have some support from the Marketing & Quality Manager, and the company Bookkeeper, and so will access to the very best experience, advice, and guidance.
It is worth noting, that Dura-Sports; business, is largely seasonal, and so whilst you’ll be crazy busy in the Spring & Summer (that’s when most people are wanting their football and tennis astro-turf, their outdoor play centres, and their cricket pitches fitting!) things may, be a little quieter for example in the winter.
What’s important therefore, is that you are self-motivated, proactive, not afraid to ask for, and to find, more work!
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors, signing them in, making refreshments
- Preparing meeting rooms, organising stationary etc.
- Filing of various documents, including purchase orders, invoices, and expense claims
- Updating the company database, adding information to customers records and their order history
- Handling incoming calls, predominantly from customers, regards products, orders, and refunds
- Handling calls, emails, enquiries, and updates from suppliers
- Handling calls from members of the Installation Team, relating any messages/updates to customers as required
- Managing online enquiries, mainly via the website
- Ad-hoc project / admin work
Qualifications Required and Desirable Experience:
- GCSE A* to C in English and Maths – Essential
- Some administration and/or customer services experience - Preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel - Essential
- Great communication skills - Essential
- Computer literate (experience with Microsoft Office essential)
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills, a confident telephone manner
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Able to get on with tasks without being asked and without requiring constant supervision
Personal Qualities: -
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Motivated and driven
- Hard working
- Trustworthy, Reliable & Punctual
- Happy to try new things and accept challenges
- Confidence dealing with people
- Good team player, but also able to use own initiative
Training and Qualifications Offered:
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Allocated time to work on Apprenticeship programme
- Working in a relaxed, friendly environment, as part of a supportive team
Long term position for the right person upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Apply for Business Administration Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly