AF Fasteners, Glossop – Laboratory Technician (Level 3 Apprenticeship)
Brief overview of the role To sample and control solutions to meet approved standards to include environmental regulations.
• Ability to measure part dimensions using Micrometer, Caliper gauge, Shadowgraph and Keyence IM series machine in both metric and imperial units.
• Use and understanding of tensile, fatigue and shear testing machinery.
• Understanding of mechanical drawings, standards, and specifications for aerospace components.
• Use of Vickers microscope to check for material imperfections within sectionally mounted parts.
• Understanding of all associated paperwork, route cards and processes.