Customer Service Apprenticeship – Livingston (August Start Date)
1 day left
- 12-18 months
Identify and solve problems. Answer queries. Sell Sky products. As part of a supportive, fun and friendly team, our Customer Service Advisors focus on having great conversations. And if you are a quick learner with a resilient, can-do attitude, you’ll fit right in.
Working in our busy call centre you will be part of our Customer Service Team who work hard to deliver the best service in the country. Taking inbound calls, you will understand customer queries and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure they are addressed effectively. We will help you develop all the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to give our customers extraordinary service ensuring our customers’ queries are addressed.
What you’ll be doing
- Spending the first four weeks learning the ropes. After that, we’ll let you loose on the phones, supported by your line manager & buddy
- Offering solutions to customer queries and problems
- Listening attentively to customers: understanding their needs, showing empathy and inspiring trust
- Keeping the customer at the heart of all that we do
- Delivering the best service in the country in every interaction
- Working towards targets across a number of business measures.
Sky Customer Service Apprenticeship overview
- Expected start is August 2021
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner qualification
- Duration is roughly 15 months, depending on progress
- On completion of your apprenticeship, you will move into a permanent position at Sky.
What you’ll need to be
Education - You’ll need a minimum of two GCSEs A* – C (or equivalent grades 9-4). If your GCSEs don’t already include English and Maths, you’ll need to achieve these during your apprenticeship.
Other skills we’re looking for:
- Thrive in a target driven environment
- A confident communicator and team player
- A resilient attitude
- Enthusiastic about all things Sky
- Passionate about providing our customers with the best service in the country
- A desire to understand new technology, and be in touch with the latest technology trends
- Flexible: your typical shift pattern will vary, and you’ll need to be available to work evenings and weekends.
How you’ll grow and be supported
Be Brilliant – How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
Digital Development – Whenever you want it. Access 3,000 LinkedIn Learning courses at a time that suits you. We’ll suggest courses that we think are key, then it’s over to you.
Support Network – Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll get to team up with an apprentice who’s been there and done it and have a manager and apprentice Skills Coach who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go.
All this plus the support of the Early Careers team who will be on hand from your first day through to the start of your post scheme career journey.
What you’ll get
30 days holiday, Sky Q, a generous pension, private healthcare and life assurance. Expect our full support, helping you to achieve a nationally recognised Customer Service Practitioner qualification by the end of your first 15 months at Sky.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
When to apply
The current closing date for applications is 2nd May 2021. But things move quickly around here, so apply now to avoid disappointment.