Software Engineer Degree Apprentice
Lighthouse is one of the world’s leading suppliers of MES Software working with international Companies such as Airbus, United Biscuits, Toyota and Nissan.
Our team of Software Engineers and Developers are based at our Head Office in West Sussex and we have offices in the USA, Singapore, Sweden and France.
Responsibilities and duties:
Whilst on the programme here at Lighthouse you would be engaged in a number of activities, designed to give you wide experience of the company. It is likely that you would be rotated around a number of departments/roles, including …
- Product Support: This would entail learning about out our product, Shopfloor-Online™, and helping out with customer support issues. You would learn how to diagnose faults and assist the customers in setup issues, as well as investigate and rectify database issues (SQL) and code issues in C#. This helps to understand how the product is used, installed and commissioned, customised and configured and how to fault find.
- Software Test: This would give you an insight in to the many areas of software test important to good software development and maintenance. You may be involved in helping to write unit tests, carrying out verification tests written by developers in an attempt to “break” the software, as well as write automated tests to help us ensure that we deliver robust software. Automated tests require understanding of the product and software development processes as it may require scripting in order to test.
- Projects: Attachment to a project group will see you act as a project engineer in a small project team designing and delivering Shopfloor-Online™ to our customers. This would introduce you to SQL, building screens and reports, as well as software development of interfaces to third party systems.
- Development: Time spent with the development team might see you assist in development of the database, server side or client side systems that comprise the Shopfloor-Online™ product.
- IT Support: You may also spend some time in IT support, acting as first line support to the company, helping to fix PC and laptop issues such as hardware setup, OS installation, application setup or general application support.
- 3 A Levels or the equivalent
- You must have A Level/BTEC in ICT or the equivalent
- Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above
- Have an interest in programming outside of your studies
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Holiday Entitlement
- Free lunch and refreshments whilst in the office
- Free car parking at the office
- Paid Travel to day release