Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship
- 12-18 months
Start date: 17th January 2022
Scheme duration: 18 months
Locations: London (BBC Studios) and Birmingham (BBC’s HR Service Centre ) - (Specific Opportunities in outlined in the advert)
Typical roles following the scheme include: HR Administrator, HR Advisor, Resourcing and Talent Advisor.
What to expect on your apprenticeship
This apprenticeship will allow you to develop your skills in people management, customer service, recruitment and talent practices, as well as broaden your knowledge of HR in business. You will have the opportunity to virtually study over the duration of 18 months (including End Point Assessment), 6 core modules including an understanding of HR functions and how to manage employee relationships across the organisation. This will allow you to deepen your knowledge in these areas and develop these fundamental competencies which will assist in developing your career pathway.
On successful completion of your apprenticeship not only will you gain a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 Foundation Diploma in HR Practice, you will also become a permanent member of our BBC Studios HR team in London or our BBC's HR Service Centre team in Birmingham.
For this scheme we are offering the same apprenticeship across two different opportunities that which you will be able to choose your preference from in our application process. Select each one to learn more:
BBC’s HR Service Centre – Birmingham
BBC Studios – London
What we look for
This apprenticeship is for those wanting to develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a HR career and gain an internationally recognised CIPD qualification.
Does this sound like the scheme for you? Here is what we are looking for…
- Must have English and Maths GCSEs at Grade C (4) or above (or equivalent) - preferably a total of five.
- Have an interest and passion for developing a career in HR.
- Have great communication skills and thrive when working in a team.
- Be an organised self-starter who can manage your own workload.
- Enjoy solving problems and suggesting new ideas/ways of working.
- Able to work flexibly with a focus on meeting deadlines and high standards.
- Have a good eye for detail.
What are we offering?
- A starting salary of £14,400 per year (pro-rated) plus London Weighting (£4,682 at fixed rate) for those individuals who have opted for London as their primary work base, followed by an annual increase.
- 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra ‘corporate day’ between Christmas and New Year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC staff.
- A senior HR mentor to support and guide you throughout your training.
- A defined contributions pension scheme, discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- A permanent position following the successful completion of your apprenticeship working at one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations.
You will complete an online application which will include a variety of questions around your interest in Human Resources and what you can bring to the apprenticeship.
If we like what we see, you will be invited to record a short video interview.
If you are invited to the next stage, you will be asked to undertake assessments and an interview with the BBC's HR Service Centre Team or the BBC Studios Team based on your chosen preference. This assessment/interview stage is expected to be handled virtually in line with the Covid measures.
Due to the volume of applications, it is a long process, and it could be up to three months until you hear from us about the outcome of your application.
Please note that the interview stage is aimed to take place in June.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.