Level 6 Digital Marketing Degree Apprenticeship
Start Date: Monday 13th September 2021
Scheme Duration: 3 years
Typical roles following the scheme: Marketing Assistants, Marketing Coordinators, Social Media Assistants, Social Media Executives
What to expect on your apprenticeship
This apprenticeship will introduce you to specialist and strategist knowledge with a focus on Marketing and to develop fundamental competencies which will assist in furthering your understanding of Digital Marketing and developing your future career/career pathway. This will also enhance your understanding of key challenges of operating in a rapidly digital world, benefitting from real-world best practice within the BBC workplace combined with innovative academic learning.
The learners will be provided with everything they need to know to successfully deliver live projects in a range of Marketing areas across digital platforms.
The learners will understand the journey by joining this programme to successfully graduating as Digital Marketers. The combination of theory and practice will help apprentices develop as creative thinkers and lifelong learners in line with Marketing, Web Technology and Consumer Behaviour.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will experience placement rotation within BBC Marketing and Audiences teams varying from Media Planning, Audience Planning, Media Strategy and Social Media Marketing. This apprenticeship will help develop you to learn the inner workings of an organisation to deliver Marketing-related projects to the BBC’s targeted audience through compelling brand strategies, campaigns and audience engagement. In addition to learning about Brand and Content Management, Digital Marketing Analysis Planning, you will also learn how to form brand and marketing strategy as well as the delivery and evaluation of multi media campaigns and marketing collateral, helping to deliver high quality campaigns that are on brand, on budget and on time with consistency of visual look, brand image, identity and communications messages across digital platforms. This on-the-job experience is geared to developing your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in accordance with the apprenticeship standards.
This Digital Marketing Degree Apprenticeship (Integrated) will be delivered by our chosen Learning Provider, Manchester Metropolitan (MMET) University, over the course of 3 years.
This delivery model is delivered by MMET for our BBC Digital Marketer Apprentices alongside degree apprentices from other employers nationwide. During an academic year, you will attend 25 days’ worth of face to face instructor led workshops; tutorial sessions; practical and library based research; presentations and group work within MMET campus. The overall programme will be focused on your Level 4 (primary core modules including the Principles of Digital Marketing, Introduction to User Experience and Platform Essentials), then move up to Level 5 (primary core modules ranging from Understanding Customer Engagement, Key Issues in the Digital Environment and Managing Social Media Practice), and continually progress onto Level 6 (primary core modules ranging from Managing Digital Brands, Digital Communications Strategy and Campaign Management) learning after which point you will progress onto an integrated End Point Assessment (EPA). The EPA will be used to map your collated evidence against the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 6 BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital Marketing and to be offered an associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing. In addition, you will become a permanent member within the BBC Marketing and Audiences community.
What we look for
This scheme is suitable for college and school leavers who wish to pursue a career in Digital Marketing. This opportunity is not exclusive to school leavers. We also encourage career changers to apply. It is also suitable for those individuals who wish to develop their existing but very limited knowledge on Marketing and to develop a more specialist and strategist knowledge in that specific field.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 ( C ) or above in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications will be considered).
- A levels/Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other relevant qualifications and experience. Degrees from unrelated areas if applicants can demonstrate relevant work experience in Marketing or evidence of equivalent work experience. (N.B. Unfortunately we will not accept applicants if they have already studied a Level 6 qualification or above in Marketing related subject. In that case those potential applicants will be rejected immediately).
- Be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in September 2021.
- You will want to work in a deadline-driven department across BBC Marketing and Audiences such as Media Planning, Audience Planning, Media Strategy or Social Media.
- You should have a passion for social media content and a great understanding of the BBC’s output.
- You are not afraid of meeting tight deadlines for ad hoc live advertising campaigns.
- You will want to work with data on a regular basis, generating reports, analysing data or Management Information using spreadsheets.
- You should be motivated and self-driven. You should be an effective team player with an ability in communicating with various stakeholders internally and externally.
What are we offering?
- A starting salary of £14,400 per year (pro-rated) plus London Weighting (£4,682 at fixed rate) for those individuals who have opted for London as their primary work base, followed by an annual increase.
- 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days to suit you. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC staff.
- An experienced mentor to support and guide you during your training.
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent position within BBC Marketing and Audiences.
- You will complete an online application which will include a variety of questions around your interest in Digital Marketing and what you can bring to the apprenticeship.
- If we like what we see, you will be invited to record a short video interview.
- If you are invited to the next stage, you will be asked to undertake assessments and an interview with the BBC Marketing team. This assessment/interview stage is expected to be handled virtually in line with the Covid measures.
Due to the volume of applications it could be up to three months before you hear from us about the outcome of your application.
Please make note that interviews are anticipated to take place in June.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.