Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship
Start date: Monday 17th January 2022
Scheme duration: 18 months
Typical roles following the scheme: Data Analyst
What to expect on your apprenticeship
This apprenticeship will allow you to deepen your knowledge in the Data Analyst field and develop fundamental competencies which will assist in furthering your understanding of Data Analysis and developing your future career/career pathway.
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will be based within HR Data Analytics team. This on-the-job experience is geared to developing your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in accordance with the apprenticeship standards.
The Data Analyst scheme will be delivered by our chosen Leaning Provider, Cambridge Sparks, over the course of 18 months; you will attend virtual instructor led workshops as well as real-world simulated projects. The first 14 months of the programme will be focused on your Level 4 (primary core modules including Introduction to Python, Data Analysis, Data Science for Business and Big Data Techniques) learning after which point you will progress onto End Point Assessment (EPA). The EPA window is four months in length and this time will be used to map your collated evidence against the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 4 Data Analyst Certificate - from the British Computer Society (BCS) and you will become a permanent member of our BBC HR Data Analytics team based in Birmingham.
What we look for
This scheme is suitable for new Data Analysts with no programming experience or beginner programmers. It is also suitable for those individuals who do not have experience in Data Science but has some basic data literacy.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 ( C ) or above in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications will be considered).
- A levels/Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other relevant qualifications and experience, or an aptitude test with a focus on Functional Maths (IOA website). Entry requirements are reviewed and approved by the LEC Department and the Learning Provider to assess eligibility and suitability.
- You should be able to use computer tools confidently (Excel, PowerPoint).
- You love your numbers and be passionate about data manipulation.
- Be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in January 2022.
- You will want to work in a data driven department, for example in business intelligence, data assurance, data quality, finance, marketing and audiences or sales.
- You will want to work with data on a regular basis, generating reports, analysing data or crunching numbers using spreadsheets.
- You should be motivated and self-driven.
What are we offering?
- A starting salary of £14,400 per year (pro-rated), followed by an annual increase.
- 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days to suit you. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC staff.
- A technical mentor to support and guide you during your training.
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent position as a Data Analyst within one of our BBC teams.
- You will complete an online application which will include a variety of questions around your interest in Data Analytics and what you can bring to the apprenticeship.
- If we like what we see, you will be invited to record a short video interview.
- If you are invited to the next stage, you will be asked to undertake assessments and an interview with the BBC HR Data Analytics team. This assessment/interview stage is expected to be handled virtually in line with the Covid measures.
Due to the volume of applications it could be up to three months before you hear from us about the outcome of your application.
Please make note that interviews are anticipated to take place in June.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.