Level 6 Data Analyst Apprenticeship
Start date: Monday 13th September 2021
Scheme duration: 4 Years
Location: Salford, London or Birmingham
Typical roles following the scheme: Data Analyst
What to expect on your apprenticeship
This apprenticeship will introduce you to specialist and strategist knowledge with a strong focus on Data Analytics and develop fundamental competencies which will assist in furthering your understanding of Data Analysis and developing your future career/career pathway. This will also enhance your understanding of key issues in business, technology, project and people management and allow you to consider these issues within the BBC workplace.
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will be based within the Data Analytics team in Salford. This on-the-job experience is geared to developing your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in accordance with the apprenticeship standards.
This Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist Professional Degree Apprenticeship (Integrated) will be delivered by our chosen Leaning Provider, Open University, over the course of 48 months.
This delivery model is delivered 100% virtually – ranging from virtual instructor led workshops; labs and tutorial sessions; practical and library based research; presentations and group work; as well as real-world simulated projects. The first two years’ academic learning will be focused on your Levels 4 and 5 (primary core modules including Information Systems, Cyber Security, Data, Business Organisation, IT Project Management, Computer and Network Infrastructure ); then for the final two years you will progress onto Level 6 learning (including furthering your knowledge on Algorithms, Data Structure and Compatibility and Data Management & Analysis) and a work-based project in relation to Digital and Technology Solutions after which point you will progress onto an integrated End Point Assessment (EPA). The EPA will be used to map your collated evidence against the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 6 BSc (Hons) Professional Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions and you will become a permanent member of our BBC Data Analytics team based in Salford, London or Birmingham. Individuals will be expected to remain in one location for the duration of the apprenticeship.
What we look for
This scheme is suitable for developing Data Analysts with limited programming experience or emerging Programmers. It is also suitable for those individuals who wish to develop their existing knowledge on Data Analytics and to develop a more specialist and strategist knowledge in that specific field.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 ( C ) or above in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications will be considered).
- A levels/Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other relevant qualifications and experience.
- You love your numbers and be passionate about data manipulation.
- Be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in September 2021.
- You will want to work in a data driven department, for example in business intelligence, data assurance, data quality, finance, marketing and audiences or sales.
- You should be able to communicate data effectively and have a passion to becoming more data orientated.
- You will want to work with data on a regular basis, generating reports, analysing data or crunching numbers using spreadsheets.
- You should be motivated and self-driven.
What are we offering?
- A starting salary of £14,400 per year (pro-rated) plus London Weighting (£4,682 at fixed rate) for those individuals who have opted for London as their primary work base, followed by an annual increase.
- 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days to suit you. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC staff.
- A technical mentor to support and guide you during your training.
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent position as a Data Analyst within one of our BBC teams.
- You will complete an online application which will include a variety of questions around your interest in Data Analytics and what you can bring to the apprenticeship.
- If we like what we see, you will be invited to record a short video interview.
- If you are invited to the next stage, you will be asked to undertake assessments and an interview with the BBC Data Analytics team. This assessment/interview stage is expected to be handled virtually in line with the Covid measures.
Due to the volume of applications it could be up to three months before you hear from us about the outcome of your application.
Please make note that interviews are anticipated to take place in June.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.