Software Engineering Masters Apprentice Scheme
Start date: January 2022
Locations: Salford and London
Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
What to expect on your apprenticeship
The BBC is changing - we’re adapting to our audience all the time, so we need passionate software engineers to join us, to drive innovation and help shape the future of the BBC. We are seeking software engineers with 18 months+ industry experience who are looking to advance their software engineering career with both on and off the job training. In addition to further developing your software engineering skills this 24 month MSc Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist in Software Engineering, delivered by QA in partnership with Northumbria University, will also develop you as a digital leader, with apprenticeship modules designed to develop critical knowledge and skills in innovation & business technology and technical & digital leadership.
The apprenticeship will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to:
- maintain digital and technology strategies through technology leadership
- investigate, identify and implement technological strategic solutions;
- direct digital technology provision by studying organisation goals, strategies, and practices
- deliver and support strategic plans for implementing digital technologies
We have seven exciting opportunities within three of our teams. Please state on your application which opportunity in which location you are applying for. Find out more on the opportunities here:
BBC Media Services Team
BBC Core Services Team
BBC iPlayer and Sounds Team
What we look for
- You’ll have an Honours degree (2:2 or above) in an appropriate Computing, Technology or Engineering discipline.
- You have 18 month+ of industry experience (desirable).
- You don’t already have a MSc in a Computing, Technology or Engineering discipline.
- You love working in teams, learning from others, and helping others to learn.
- Our software engineers are really passionate about what they do, so you'll need to have the passion to match!
- You already have the right to work in the UK.
- You share our values.
What are we offering?
- A salary of £21,217pa increasing on successful completion of the MSc apprenticeship
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Eligibility to join: BBC pension scheme, employee discount scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, travel season ticket scheme
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.