R&D Graduate Scheme
Duration: 2 years
Location: London and Salford
What will I do as part of the scheme?
Has your passion for technology led you to gain skills and knowledge that you are now ready to bring to real working projects at the BBC?
The possibilities are endless when you join our Research and Development Graduate Scheme. As you spend two years in various teams across BBC R&D, you will work with top experts in areas such as audio, video, user experience, distribution and web technologies. Our work involves collaboration with teams across the BBC as well as in academia and industry.
During the scheme you will spend time working in teams at our R&D labs in both Manchester (Salford) and London structured as three 8-month placements. After successfully completing the scheme you can expect to be promoted to R&D Engineer and permanently join a team based in either location. You can state your preferred location for your final base when you apply.
To find out more about what we do in R&D click here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/careers/graduate-engineers
Who are you?
- Ideally be a high academic achiever with a minimum of 2:1 or equivalent in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, UX, Psychology, Interaction Design, HCI, Data Science (or closely related subject).
- Be able to demonstrate strong equivalent knowledge and experience to the above if you are not a graduate.
- Be a creative thinker, with good attention to detail.
- Have great communication skills and thrive when working in a team.
- Have a real passion for technology which is demonstrated through your studies or interests.
What are we offering?
- A competitive starting salary of approx. £29,400 (plus LW if you are based in London).
- A training programme including 4 weeks at the BBC's Training Centre in Wood Norton on Broadcast Technology, 3 weeks of software engineering training and in introduction to UX, plus access to a wide range of specialist training opportunities.
- Valuable experience working on exciting projects at one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations.
- A dedicated mentor, often a former graduate, who can help you with your personal development and career goals.
- 26 days’ holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days.
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.