Apprentice Depot Manager
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
We are looking to recruit and train an apprentice depot manager based primarily in our Plymouth depot. As an apprentice Depot Manager you would work to build the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviors related to all operational aspects of the Speedy business, to enable you to work towards a future depot management position including – general assistant, driver, test and run, hire controller and assistant manager. You will be guided, taught and mentored by our experienced and knowledgeable colleagues and our specialist external training providers.
Our structure programme will last four years and will be a mix of our own in-house training and rotations along with completing the following apprenticeship qualifications:
- Level 2 Hire Controller apprenticeship standard
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship standard
- Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship standard
You will also be given the opportunity to enroll on our high potential programme (HiPo) in your third year. We aim to not only develop your technical skills and abilities but also offer you the opportunity to develop the skills needed to become a well-rounded individual in order to progress your career in line with your own ambitions.
We are looking for Apprentices who:
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Are willing to develop and be customer focused and able to talk to customers whether it`s on the phone, at the hire desk or whilst out delivering, building strong relationships with them
- Feel comfortable working with technology and keen to be a part of Speedy`s digital transformation
- Show good IT skills
- Are adaptable
- Have good organisational skills
- Can work as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
In order to be considered for this apprenticeship you must have:
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C/Level 2 or above
- Some form of A-Level/B-tech or equivalent qualifications (Level 3)
We want to help you carve out a successful career at Speedy and we will provide you with all of the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do this. In return we want you to use your skill set to help drive our business forward and contribute to our continuing success as the best hire company in our industry.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.