The post holder will be working in a key area of the college with a high degree of staff contact and will report to the Financial Accountant. The duties will be wide-ranging and the post holder will be expected to work flexibly in respect of place and time in assisting the college in carrying out its administrative function.
Working Arrangements: Permanent 3 days per week – Term Time Only
Salary: £16,678 – £17,655
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Maintenance of Purchase Ledger including – registering, coding, scanning and posting of invoices. Resolving supplier’s queries.
• Raising Purchase Orders and inputting orders.
• Processing weekly payment runs via BACS and cheque payments.
• Assist in the maintenance of Sales Ledger including preparation of sales invoices and credit control.
• Reconciliation and analysis of College trips.
Personal qualities and experience required:
• Good general knowledge of accounts procedures
• A high level of numeracy and accuracy
• Good level of computer literacy including ability to use Microsoft Office and, in particular, good working knowledge of the use of Excel spreadsheets
• Ability to handle a range of administrative tasks and to work on own initiative
• Knowledge of computerised finance packages
This role closes 16th August at 4pm.
PLEASE NOTE – We do not accept CVs as a method of application. Please complete the application form provided. Thank you.
Please be aware this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applications have been received.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those candidates to be interviewed.
Benefits include: a defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), free on-site car parking, various local business staff discounts, on-site fitness suite, Refectory, Cycle to Work and Child Care voucher schemes.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College is an equal opportunities employer committed to offering employment, education and training opportunities irrespective of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability, ethnic origin, colour, age or marital status.