Graduate Data Analyst - Civil Engineering
About The Role
TRL's Services Group is seeking a recent Graduate with excellent data interpretation/ analysis skills - and an interest in civil engineering, technology and transport solutions. The successful applicant would join the team responsible for processing and analysing data from traffic-speed, intrusive and structural surveys from a range of sites.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
The role will involve a number of different aspects including;
- Processing and analysing the data collected by traffic speed survey vehicles using bespoke and standard software packages
- Processing and reporting data from structural surveys
- Reporting data from intrusive surveys
- Reporting on the analysis and assessing performance against detailed scientific specifications
- Organising and undertaking surveys
- Supporting the maintenance and operation of the survey vehicles and equipment
- Ensuring Health & Safety and Environmental procedures are strictly followed
- Potentially, some overseas work
Skills & Experience
- Experience with using data analysis and reporting tools.
- A high attention to detail to be able to identify and investigate anomalies in data sets.
- Good communication skills, as the role involves liaising with both clients and contractors.
- A willingness to work unsocial hours and away from home when required
- A full driving licence
- Experience or knowledge of road condition surveys.
- Practical electrical, electronic or mechanical skills
- Programming knowledge.
- Experience in accreditation and/or Quality Assurance processes
This is a multi-faceted role that would suit a capable scientist/engineer - ideally with a geoscience or engineering degree and with an interest in transport/technology.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English, and have the confidence to communicate effectively with Clients and team members at all levels of seniority.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package (including things such as child care vouchers, discounted gym membership etc.)