Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship
- Project/ Contract Management - Providing support to the Chartered Building Surveyor in the delivery of project management services
- Building Design/ CAD - Produce drawings in AutoCAD for tender documentation and building regulation applications
- Tendering -Production of tender documentation for a variety of jobs
- Contract Administration - Execution of JCT Building Contracts and associated administration
- Supplier/ Product Research - Online research as required identifying/ locating products and suppliers
- Corresponding with Clients - Communicating with Clients and representing the Practice in a professional and diligent manner
Working as Part of the PPC Surveyors Team - Forming and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues. Reporting information to senior members as necessary. A typical week will usually involve one or more supervised visits to sites with the remainder office based an on occasions unsupervised in the office.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational Skills - The ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines
- Written and Spoken English - Good standard of English, both written and spoken, is required as you will be dealing with clients by email, telephone and in person
- IT Skills - Good knowledge of CAD, Competency in Word, Excel and Outlook is also essential
- Self-Motivation and Initiative - Ability and motivation to work under own initiative
- Problem Solving Abilities - A practical, critical and analytical approach to work with the ability to identify potential problems and devise effective and economical solutions
- Enthusiasm - Willingness to learn and help out with all areas of the business as required
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual who can work on their own initiative and manage their own workload
- For the right individual there will be the opportunity to take responsibility from early on and work towards managing their own projects
Maths and English GCSE Grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
Minimum 3 A -Levels grade C or higher (or their equivalent) or a Level 3 Apprenticeship within a construction or property related discipline.
Ability to assimilate into permanent employment with PPC Surveyors upon completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
The wage may be altered depending on experience.
Employment will commence June/July, however the apprenticeship will start September 2021.